The Henry and Lois Foster Hospital for Small Animals provides 24-hour care, 365 days of the year. Since 1979, we have offered high quality specialty care and emergency veterinary services. The hospital creates a positive learning experience for students and house officers.
The veterinary technician works as part of an integrated clinical team to provide high quality nursing care to acute or urgent care outpatients and inpatients. The veterinary technician assists the veterinarian with patient care and supervises and instructs veterinary students in technical tasks.
- Associate’s Degree in Veterinary Technology or a high school diploma (or the equivalent) with at least one year of related experience.
- CVT or licensure eligible.
- Comprehensive understanding of medical terminology and familiarity with veterinary pharmacology.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities for several patients within a busy clinical setting.
- Technical abilities such as patient restraint, venipuncture, fluid administration, medication administration, monitoring and treating patients.
- Ability to effectively work as a member of a diverse team of clinical and administrative professionals.
- Basic computer skills including the ability to learn the electronic medical record system.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Technology preferred. Four or more years of veterinary medicine experience preferred.
- Credentialed as a Certified Veterinary Technician.
- Exotic animal handling skills desirable.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- The schedule for this position may include providing University and calendar holiday coverage on a rotating basis.
- The schedule for this position may include evening and weekend hours.
- The schedule for this position requires flexibility to insure that adequate patient care is provided without interruption or exception.
- This position is considered essential and is therefore required to report to work as scheduled during emergency closings.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity