Responsible for performing all or some of the various duties within the Personalized Services Department which may include some or all of the following responsibilities:
Laundry/Dry Cleaning, Optical Shop Barber/Beauty Shop, Video Rental, simple floral displays, FTD gift wrapping, Western Union, engraving, sorting/distribution of incoming/outgoing mail/packages, stocking/maintaining applicable sales areas check cashing, acceptance and processing of Military Star Card application/acceptance of Military Star Card payments etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs all or some of the following related duties as assigned:
- Performs personalized services functions such as gift wrapping taking orders for personalized stationery wedding invitations etc.
- Oreparing rental agreements maintaining pertinent records and logs and keeping current price sheets of authorized items.
- Performs engraving functions.
- Sends receives and issues Western Union checks.
- Maintains display area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Sorts incoming mail for distribution. Processes incoming/outgoing mail in accordance with established procedures and postal regulations.
- Performs packing service for mailing packages following established procedures.
- Receives articles to be mailed priority mail flat rate express delivery UPS/FEDEX in accordance with established procedures and maintains copy of receipts for reference.
- Collects arranges and files a variety of documents/envelopes and maintains documents following established procedures. Maintains number control logs and master lists for PO box rentals stamp sales 1583A forms and various logs in connection with all operation functions including Western Union, FTD engraving , etc.
- Performs engraving functions taking orders completing orders. Performs giftwrapping services.
- Assists customers in opening Military Star Card accounts. Provides applications and basic program information.
- Where applicable may assists customers with questions regarding their accounts such as available balances credit limits etc.
- Accepts payments for Military Star Card.
- Operates a cash register according to established cash control procedures and is responsible for own cash fund. Prepares daily salespersons cash report. Provides refunds merchandise exchanges and price adjustments in accordance with NEX policy.
- Assists with inventory taking. Maintains adequate supplies and records at all times.
- Operates a number of machines such as cash register, postage scale, Western Union, engraving machine, SIM computer functions according to established control procedures.
- Performs routine servicing of equipment and makes corrections to simple operational malfunctions.
- Explains layaway policies and requirements. Runs layaway reports and reconciles layaways notifying late payments cancellations etc.
- Takes and places customer special orders as required. Places orders promptly and follows up regularly with applicable buyer/vendor.
- Advises customer of delivery and updates status of order as necessary. Provides refunds merchandise exchanges and price adjustments in accordance with NEX policy.
- Performs all types of cash register transactions cash check charge debit layaway gift certificate etc. in an accurate and procedurally correct manner. Becomes knowledgeable in NEX store policies including Righter Merchandising System functions and operation merchandise returns price matching check cashing etc.
- Is empowered and responsible for resolving customer problems and complaints consistently tactfully and intelligently ensuring customer satisfaction as the end result.
- Non routine issues are immediately referred to a higher level associate having authority to resolve the matter.
- Assists in training new associates in store programs and policies as assigned. Exercises tact good manners and courtesy when serving and assisting customers.
- Works under the general supervision of a designate supervisor who delegates assignments provides instructions and procedures and is available for assistance and guidance in connection with problems encountered.
- Work is performed independently within the framework of established policies procedures and regulations.
- Refers unusual problems to supervisor for assistance.
- Work is reviewed in terms of timeliness of assignments adherence to applicable procedures efficiency of accomplishment of assigned functions and patron satisfaction.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
6 months responsible experience in clerical office or retail sales store work of any kind in which the applicant has demonstrated the ability to perform satisfactorily in the position to be filled.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE
Graduation from a full 4 year or senior high school or possession of a General Education Development High School Equivalency Certificate GED may be substituted for the experience requirements.