Imagine working for America’s premier window and door manufacturer in a new state-of-the-art advanced manufacturing and distribution campus. The 500,000 Sq ft. climate-controlled facility in Goodyear, AZ will be an amazing place with smart factory technology, warm, welcoming and fun work environment, privacy rooms for new mothers, prayer/ meditation rooms along with an outstanding benefit and compensation plan. This combined with the Andersen history and culture creates an outstanding opportunity for you to join a great organization!
The purpose of this position is to support and provide leadership to the Supply Chain, Procurement and Materials department. This position takes a lead role in meeting targets for safety, quality, costs, customer service and employee engagement/development within the value stream.
The supervisor coaches, trains, supports, and develops a team of flexible, multi-skilled associates in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
- Establishing optimal inventory levels of raw material and line-side inventory using lean inventory management tools
- Releasing purchase orders to suppliers for direct materials
- Operating the put-away, picking and material delivery to the manufacturing operations in a 3-shift operation. Saturday work may be required.
- Inbound material handling and receiving transactions
- Maintaining Plan for Every Part and ERP data, kanban, and inventory accuracy through audits and cycle counting programs
- Lead, direct, and participate in continuous improvement activities to accomplish plant business goals and objectives in terms of safety, quality, customer service, and cost and staff development.
- Provide linkage to support resources such as Enterprise Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering, IT, Distribution, and Transportation.
- Coach, train, support, and develop a team of flexible, multi-lingual staff in accordance with Andersen Corporation's Lean principles, values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
- Design and implement cost improvement business models across the supply chain that achieves strategic process improvements.
- Lead defined, medium-sized projects
- Prepare budgets and projections.
- Support corporate sourcing objectives and commodity strategies; Understand supplier capacity/capabilities constraints.
- Requires ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, offer solutions, and implement to achieve the desired results; Analyze and report performance to plan, recommend corrective action.
- Develop and implement effective processes for new product offerings/enhancements and ramp-up/ramp-down plans for material changes.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe employee work habits.
- Develop a high-performance work team by providing appropriate training, tools, guidance, coaching and feedback. Support and involve employees in identifying and permanently removing obstacles to performance excellence; provide & support developmental opportunities for staff.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one's own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
- Supervise the activities and efforts of plant Supply Chain Analysts, Planners, Material Handing Supervisors and Leads.
- Assume managerial responsibilities of Supply Chain Manager in the manager's absence
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a 4 year degree or equivalent experience. Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management degrees preferred.
- 3 years’ experience working within a purchasing, inventory management, or material handling function
- Previous leadership experience in a high-volume, lean manufacturing environment preferred
- Willingness to learn to operate a forklift, tugger or other PIT is required. Previous experience is preferred.
- Ability to verbally communicate in Spanish is preferred
- APICS Certification preferred
- Green Belt, Black Belt and/or Kaizen facilitation experience preferred
- Experience using and teaching lean tools and techniques such as 5S, 5 why, A3 thinking, visual inventory management, pull systems, kanban, tugger routes for material delivery, and kaizen preferred.
- Solid understanding of information systems that support supply chain and manufacturing operations including Enterprise Resource Planning and voice picking.
- Previous experience operating within a Foreign Trade Zone preferred.
- Must have demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication, facilitation and giving presentations
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of information systems that support manufacturing operations within this position's scope.
- Experience in team development and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people.
- Enthusiastic, positive outlook.
- Project Management experience preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and reporting tools such as Power BI and Business Objects.
- Experience with change management strategies.
- Ability to travel as required.