The Investigations Specialist, External Investigations, will provide support and analysis of investigation and resolution services pertaining to the protection of people, product and data for Amazon. This individual will be responsible for actionable recommendations derived from data analysis that impact external loss protection programs and investigations while driving profitability through shrink improvement. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for pursuing all field investigative matters of customer, seller and vendor fraud leveraging various data points and analytics across the enterprise to identify Organized Retail Crime activity, investigating accordingly. The Investigations Specialist, External Investigations, will be a key member of the Security and Loss Prevention team. This position is based in Phoenix, AZ, and will report to the Manager of Investigations, Strategic Investigative Solutions, Loss Prevention, Global Security Operations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Identifies criminal activity by leveraging information from internal reporting, data analysis, LP reported incidents and retail theft trends.
- Utilize perceived or proven loss risks to develop data/reporting for future detection.
- Identify potential loss risk and opportunity through trend analysis utilizing data-manipulation tools.
- Convert data making it analysis-ready through basic descriptive narratives, aggregations and pivots.
- Leverage fraud models/strategies to mitigate fraud/loss while minimizing customer and operation impacts.
- Builds and fosters relationships with Legal, Customer Service, Field Loss Prevention and Logistics teams and various internal partners as required.
- Manages expectations; prioritize own workload and communicate status.
- Provides visibility and updates to manager regarding project timelines and deliverables
- Provides support of multiple investigations simultaneously while prioritizing team resources accordingly.