Requisition Number: INSID02984
General purpose: S and S Supplies & Solutions is a dynamic organization known throughout the industry for our commitment to customer service, integrity, and quality. We are a group of hardworking, honest individuals who share the same core values of mutual trust and respect for each other and the customers we serve. For over 30 years we have been in the forefront of innovation when it comes to supply chain management, cost savings, value analysis, and asset management solutions.
Position summary: Communicate with customers and build quotes on products, write orders and communicate pertinent information.
General Purpose: To handle order fulfillments and overall coordination between Inside Sales and all other departments.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Role qualifications:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent and minimum of two (2) years of sales related experience
- Organizational skills
- Quick thinker
- Computer Savvy
- Mathematical skills
- Excellent telephone sales personality skills and clear communication
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities
- Ability to pass background and drug/ alcohol test
- Answer phones for inbound and outbound account management
- Build quotes and expedite orders
- Build positive customer relationships
- Abide by specific customer contract agreements
- Work toward company sales goal
- Handle cancellations or changes in sales order and communicate changes with the related departments
- Coordinate with customers and related departments within the company
- Emphasize service or product features and benefits, quote prices, and prepare sales orders
- Perform other related duties as required
Essential skills and experience:
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed environment
- Strong customer service background
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone sales skills
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task activities and shift priorities
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Inside sales experience
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods of time; bend; use hands to finger, keyboard use, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Speak on phone for long periods using voice and phone system. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an environment of constant phone conversation.
About Total Safety:
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, comprehensive flare services, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management.
Total Safety operates from 176 locations in 20 countries to ensure the safe Wellbeing of Workers Worldwide (W3).
Total Safety is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at (713) 353-5152. (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY, please contact 711).