Description of Work
“This position is designated Mandatory and must report or stay over during adverse weather events.“
Under the direct supervision of the Nurse Supervisor II - Nurse Manager, this position is responsible for the coordination and supervision of the resident care and certified nursing assistants of his/her group home on their assigned shift. The position is responsible for making decisions in collaboration with the Nurse Manager on the assigned shift to determine the proper course of action for the unit to function at its best.
This is a evening shift position. (C shift 2:45pm-11:30am)
Salary Grade: GN13
Position # 60050173
About O'Berry Neuro Medical Treatment Center:
The O'Berry Neuro Medical Treatment Center in Goldsboro, North Carolina provides services through two distinct healthcare programs: Skilled nursing facility services (OBRA) and Developmental Disabilities (ICF-IID). Ninety-six beds are allocated to skilled nursing care for our medically-fragile individuals and the remaining beds at the facility are allocated to ICF level of care for our developmentally-disabled individuals who receive active treatment. In addition, O'Berry serves as the Eastern Regional Developmental Disability Respite Center.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified candidates must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
- Considerable knowledge of professional nursing skills, practices and procedures with ability to direct and carry out prescribed medical treatments and therapeutic programs.
- Working knowledge of supervisory methods, practices and procedures with ability to plan, organize, schedule, and supervise the work of healthcare staff, etc.; mentor, coach and counsel employees on job performance and conduct, etc.; motivate employees to develop team camaraderie and commitment towards meeting objectives of management.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of healthcare staff.
- Ability to identify and address quality monitoring and performance improvement issues with ability to implement and evaluate effectiveness of care, patient safety, etc.
- Ability to accurately complete documentation and reports.
- Physical requirements include ability to pass CPR, CPI and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina and two years of nursing experience.
Supplemental and Contact Information
North Carolina State Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal record background checks. Also, the use of tobacco products of any kind including vapor products are prohibited from our campuses. All employees are required to adhere to the facility's Vaccination Policy.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with via email only for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact Human Resources at 919-581-4041.