Requisition Number: ASSOC02141
At the core of every successful company, you’ll find a great team. Our team is truly a family and the heart and soul of the company. With a Purpose to “make tomorrow a little bit better than today” for each other, our customers, and our communities, we work together to create an environment where you can love what you do and be your best every day as you write yourself into the Lube-Tech story. And that’s one of the reasons we are proud to be recent recipients of the 2021 Top Workplace USA award and previous recipients of the 2019 & 2020 Top Workplace award, issued by the Minneapolis Star Tribune!
We promise to:
Provide a safe environment: We care about each other, and it’s a top priority to ensure we all go home to our families without an incident.
Celebrate what makes us unique: We look for greatness in everyone, listen to every voice, and find ways to bring out the best in each other.
Empower each other: We trust each other and create a place where everyone matters and can make a difference.
Since 1925, Lube-Tech and its founding companies have demonstrated a people-first, customer-focused approach. Lube-Tech is a family-owned company that provides advanced energy, fluid technology, lubricants, and services to OEMs and customers within the automotive, fleet, and manufacturing industries. Lube-Tech also operates Reliable Plus, a vehicle wash company that provides product and service solutions to customers within the c-store, grocery, fleet, and automotive industries.
The Associate Accountant position is responsible for helping support the company’s monthly and annual financial close processes and to ensure the financial statements are presented according to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) timely and accurately. This includes preparing tax reports, supporting documentation for general ledger accounts, entering manual journal entries as needed, identifying, and helping implement corrective actions to improve efficiency and the accuracy of the financials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare supporting documents for General Ledger (GL) accounts as assigned.
- Assist with tax reporting and GL account analyses as assigned.
- Assist in the financial close process, insuring accurate and timely completion of the process.
- Insure intercompany balances are reconciled and properly reflect balances according to GAAP.
- Assist with monthly financial review and presentation to finance leadership as needed. Includes, trend analysis, Month-over-Month and Year-over-Year variance analysis to identify possible errors and/or omissions.
- Proactively interact with team/department to gather information, resolve problems, and to make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Assist with annual and interim audit requests.
- Monitor/reconcile accounts as assigned to ensure transactions are record accurately in the system and reflect accurate balances.
- Respond to internal and external customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Support the accounting department on financial projects as assigned by the Controller, or others as delegated by the Controller.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of professional experience, preferably in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- General understanding of GAAP and accounting procedures
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with other team members/employees, internal customers and department/organization management.
- Requires general computing skills, including ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, Trintech Cadency and JD Edwards accounting software.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds while moving files or small packages. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is continuously required to perform comprehensive reasoning, decision making and math skills.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounter while performing the essential functions of this position.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are always working to ensure our teammates know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, comprehensive health and wellness benefits beginning day one, Lube-Tech offers employees a variety of perks, including:
Philanthropy – Giving back to our communities is woven into the fabric of who we are. Throughout the year, there are many opportunities for employees, and their families, to get involved and give back. The Employee Giving Program allows you to donate to a 501c3 nonprofit of your choice and the Bame Foundation will match your contribution, dollar for dollar!
Total Wellness – Your health and well-being are important to us which is why you’ll have benefit coverage on your first day of employment. Lube-Tech offers employees complimentary use of our onsite fitness facilities where available. In addition to physical wellbeing, Lube-Tech offers a variety of mental health, financial, and other resources to every employee.
Paid Time Off – All employees begin earning paid time off (PTO) upon hire, with the ability to earn 3 weeks of PTO in the first year of employment!
Paid time off when it matters most – We offer paid time off for bereavement & parental leave so you can be with your family when it matters most. We observe eight paid holidays and provide two floating holidays per year.
Profit-Sharing – A significant factor in employee engagement is believing you make a difference and have an impact on the success of the company. Lube-Tech has a history of sharing success with teammates through its quarterly Profit Sharing program.
Dress for your day – We know you’re more productive when you’re comfortable, which is why many roles at Lube-Tech allow for a casual dress work environment. We provide uniforms and personal protective equipment for many roles including drivers, technicians, and warehouse.
Lube-Tech is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants including women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.