At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the physical and digital world. Our people have the opportunity to bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here, you will be part of a team that doesn't just embrace what's exceptional. It creates exceptional.
About the job:
- Lead Driver (Driver/Mover/Customer Interface/Warehouse Handling Accountabilities)
- Hourly Pay - $/hr
• overtime opportunities as needed
- Competitive Hourly Pay
• Quarterly Bonuses
• Customer Tips
- Bi-Weekly Pay schedule
- Company Paid Uniforms and Safety Footwear
- Local Routes - Home Daily
- Consistent Predictable Shifts
- Various shifts (Monday- Sunday)
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits- eligible day 1
- Other Benefits
- 2-weeks paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick/personal time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- EAP- Employee Assistance Program
- Communicates in a friendly professional manner with clients and co-workers
- Operates and maintains company vehicle safely and efficiently, whether manual or standard transmission
- Handles all physical requirements for loading, transporting and driving without assistance
- What we do-
- Pack, wrap, secure and move boxes, furniture, appliances and other heavy residential items.
- Executes accurate and timely handling of client delivery requests
- Prepares accurate paperwork and records
- Must have Box Truck Driving Experience
- Climb/step-up into a truck cab
- Grip, lift, push, pull, and carry wheeled, plastic bins over, up and down inclines, stairs, changes in walking surfaces and elevations
- Lift at least 70 lbs.
- Walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time
- Must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Demonstrate safe and efficient driving skills
- At least one year of route transportation experience is preferred
- Computer proficiency
- Attention to detail and accuracy in paperwork
- Strong customer service and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to adhere and enforce all security procedures
Category: Transportation Group
Iron Mountain Incorporated, founded in 1951, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world in approximately 50 countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data centers, cloud services, and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working.
ironmountain.com/about-us/values and Code of Ethics are our north star. They provide a solid base for how we do business and behave every day, so each one of us can experience exceptional.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com . See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.