Be part of ‘Our Glorious Playground’……..
When Gleneagles first opened its doors in 1924, this magnificent countryside estate in the heart of Scotland was described as a “riviera in the Highlands”. Today, as a member of the Leadership Hotels of the World, Gleneagles continues to offer an unrivalled array of attractions, including: luxury accommodation, some of the best dining experiences in Scotland, three championship golf courses, an award-winning spa and an exhilarating array of outdoor activities.
With over forty operating departments, Gleneagles offer its 1,000 employees unrivalled opportunities, across many different roles and disciplines.
Location; Auchterarder, just off the A9. Gleneagles is also within easy reach of a number of Scottish towns and cities: Edinburgh City Centre (1hr), Glasgow or Dundee (50mins), Stirling and Perth (25mins).
Come and join us!
One of Scotland’s finest and most iconic 5-star hotels and country estates, we are currently seeking a warm, passionate and self-motivated Technical Services Assistant to join our Technical Services division.
As an inclusive employer, we are open to having a conversation with you around flexible working.
Here's a bit more detail on what we see you doing in this role...
- Undertaking maintenance, repair and installation works as required by supervisors and the management team; minor project works as required; prioritise and modify daily tasks
- Responding quickly to priority tasks, undertaking fault diagnosis and repair ensuring that all work is completed to a high standard in a timely manner i.e. first-time fix
- Ensuring that all work carried our complies with relevant risk assessments, safety legislation, policies and procedures, and all applicable regulations/bylaws, Approved Code of Practices and good practice guidelines
- Ensuring that all appropriate documentation such as risk assessments, time sheets, are completed correctly, on time and in a tidy manner an recommending any changes to risk assessments as necessary within the specific field of knowledge
- Ensuring that the workshops and work areas are kept clean, tidy and free from hazards at all times; identifying proactively and reporting any potential systems within the trades sphere of expertise that could benefit from upgrading
- Undertaking any training or any other duty as deemed necessary and assist with projects as required
The kind of person we're looking for...
- Takes pride in the work they do and are passionate about delivering the high standards that are associated with the Gleneagles brand
- Enthusiastic, confident and warm; you like working in an environment where things move and flex, where a can-do attitude is key
- Has an enthusiastic approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail
- Reliable and likes to ensure every job is completed to the highest of standard consistently and in a timely fashion
- Great team worker with strong communication skills; you want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and above all has fun along the way
What's in it for you...
- Competitive salary
- Personal and professional development
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Discounted golf membership and spa treatments
- Discounted hotel stays (Gleneagles, Hoxton Hotels and 27 luxury hotels across Scotland)
- 25% discount on Gleneagles retail products and the invitation to attend pre-sale events
- Personal membership to Perkbox, an employee perk platform offering a huge variety of discounts, a free Café Nero each week, and a cinema ticket each month, with our compliments
- Mobile phone insurance
- Free ‘pay day’ lunch and monthly drinks offers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Volunteering day with a charitable partner of your choice
If you are our next Technical Services Assistant please forward your most recent CV to us today.