Be part of ‘Our Glorious Playground’…
When Gleneagles first opened its doors in 1924, this magnificent countryside estate in the heart of Scotland was described as a “riviera in the Highlands. Today, as a member of the Leading Hotels of the World, Gleneagles continues to offer an unrivalled array of attractions, including: luxury accommodation, some of the best dining experiences in Scotland, three championship golf courses, an award-winning spa and an exhilarating array of outdoor activities.
With over forty operating departments, Gleneagles offer its 1,000 employees unrivalled opportunities, across many different roles and disciplines.
Location; Auchterarder, just off the A9. Gleneagles is also within easy reach of a number of Scottish towns and cities: Edinburgh City Centre (1hr), Glasgow or Dundee (50mins), Stirling and Perth (25mins).
Come and join us!
Gleneagles, one of Scotland’s finest and most iconic 5-star hotels and country estates, is currently seeking a warm and passionate Public Area Attendant to play a key part within our accommodation services team. We're looking for highly motivated Individuals with impeccable grooming standards and good English as this role will be working front and back of house which therefore may be required to assist any guest requests.
As an inclusive employer, we are open to having a conversation with you around flexible working.
Here's a bit more detail on what we see you doing in this role...
- Ensure all Public Areas, Front and Back of house, are kept to the agreed standards
- Regular checks for any stains on carpets/upholstery or chips in furniture, report and take appropriate action where possible
- Replenish all amenities in public restrooms
- Wash and dry face cloths and cleaning cloths throughout the day to ensure stock levels are correct
- Conduct a thorough handover with colleagues at the end of each shift
- Build good relationships between all guests and departments you interact with
- Report any maintenance required in any public areas
- Ensure all lost property is returned by following department procedure
- Collection of all recyclable materials and sort in appropriate storage areas
- Attaining a safe working knowledge of all cleaning products and machinery
- Attending monthly departmental meetings and contributing your input for continues improvement
- Learning the fire procedures and the requirements of the Health and Safety in the Workplace Act
- Assist other teams as required or request of co-ordinator
The kind of person we're looking for...
- Highly motivated individual who possess a sense of pride in their work and are passionate about delivering the highest cleaning standards associated with the Gleneagles brand
- Previous experience within a similar role would be an advantage, though full training is provided
- Excellent personal presentation, hygiene and grooming standards
- Well organised, punctual and able to take directions well
- Has an excellent eye for detail that exceeds guest expectations
- Strong communication skills, warm natured and trustworthy
- Approachable, helpful and self-motivated
- A strong grasp of English written and spoken language as you will be required interact with Guests
- Have a positive “can do” attitude to solving problems in a professional and courteous manner
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and above all has fun along the way
What's in it for you...
- Competitive Salary
- Personal and professional development
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Discounted golf membership and spa treatments
- Discounted hotel stays (Gleneagles, Hoxton Hotels and 27 luxury hotels across Scotland)
- 25% discount on Gleneagles retail products and the invitation to attend pre-sale events
- Personal membership to Perkbox, an employee perk platform offering a huge variety of discounts, a free Café Nero each week, and a cinema ticket each month, with our compliments
- Mobile phone insurance
- Free ‘pay day’ lunch and monthly drinks offers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Volunteering days with a charitable partner of your choice
If you are our next Public Area Attendant please forward your most recent CV to us today.