Be part of ‘Our Glorious Playground’…
When Gleneagles first opened its doors in 1924, this magnificent countryside estate in the heart of Scotland was described as a “riviera in the Highlands”. Today, as a member of the Leading Hotels of the World, Gleneagles continues to offer an unrivalled array of attractions, including: luxury accommodation, some of the best dining experiences in Scotland, three championship golf courses, an award-winning spa and an exhilarating array of outdoor activities.
With over forty operating departments, 232 bedrooms, 9 different food and beverage experiences & a wealth of activities, Gleneagles offer its 1,000 employees unrivalled opportunities, across many different roles and disciplines.
Location; Auchterarder, just off the A9. Gleneagles is also within easy reach of a number of Scottish towns and cities: Edinburgh City Centre (1hr), Glasgow or Dundee (50mins), Stirling and Perth (25mins).
Come and join us!
One of Scotland’s finest and most iconic 5-star hotels and country estates, we are currently seeking a warm, passionate and self-motivated Head Chef, Private Dining, to join our Culinary team.
Our outstanding events space is a place of lively celebration and animated conversation. From our latest edition Ochil House, an exclusive space for bespoke events with its six unique spaces. A blend of country house tradition and luxury with a warm, relaxed vibe and contemporary style. Our elegant Ballroom in the Heart of the hotel harks back to the glories of the Edwardian era.
As an inclusive employer, we are open to having a conversation with you around flexible working.
Here's a bit more detail on what we see you doing in this role...
- Managing the Private Dining Kitchen in the most creative, efficient and profitable ways
- Developing a timetable of Culinary Events using seasonal products to highlight the innovative and ever-changing gastronomic selection on offer to our guests; planning and developing new menus for our Private Dining experience
- Building internal relations throughout The Resort, gaining a greater awareness of internal and external guests’ needs
- Develop an ongoing process within the Culinary teams to develop and plan for all menu changes, presenting these through food tasting, ensuring all teams have the correct level of product knowledge
- Maintaining a can-do and problem-solving attitude, you will be passionate about the highest possible standards and will have great eye for detail
- Supply Private Dining Managers and the Events and Resort Sales teams with creative seasonal produce menus to effectively maximise revenues and profitability
The kind of person we're looking for...
- A charismatic, creative and experienced Head Chef to become a key member of our Senior Culinary team
- Has built their experience within Michelin starred and 5* hotels
- Enthusiastic, confident and warm; you like working in an environment where things move and flex, where a can-do attitude is key
- Has a can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail
- Reliable and likes to ensure every job is completed to the highest of standard consistently and in a timely fashion
- Great team worker with strong communication skills; you want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and above all has fun along the way
- You’re a warm and enthusiastic team player, experienced in managing people
What's in it for you...
- Competitive salary
- Investment in your personal and professional development
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Discounted golf membership and spa treatments
- Discounted hotel stays (Gleneagles, Hoxton Hotels and 27 luxury hotels across Scotland)
- 25% discount on Gleneagles retail products and the invitation to attend pre-sale events
- Personal membership to Perkbox, an employee perk platform offering a huge variety of discounts, a free Café Nero each week, and a cinema ticket each month, with our compliments
- Mobile phone insurance
- Free ‘pay day’ lunch and monthly drinks offers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Volunteering day with a charitable partner of your choice
If you are our next Head Chef, Private Dining, please forward your most recent CV to us today!