Be part of ‘Our Glorious Playground’…
When Gleneagles first opened its doors in 1924, this magnificent countryside estate in the heart of Scotland was described as a “riviera in the Highlands”. Today, as a member of the Leadership Hotels of the World, Gleneagles continues to offer an unrivalled array of attractions, including: luxury accommodation, some of the best dining experiences in Scotland, three championship golf courses, an award-winning spa and an exhilarating array of outdoor activities.
With over forty operating departments, Gleneagles offer its 1,000 employees unrivalled opportunities, across many different roles and disciplines.
Located just off the A9, Gleneagles is also within easy reach of a number of Scottish towns and cities: Edinburgh City Centre (1hr), Glasgow or Dundee (50mins), Stirling and Perth (25mins).
Come and join us!
Gleneagles, one of Scotland’s finest and most iconic 5-star hotels and country estates, is currently seeking an enthusiastic and productive Housekeeping Assistant to come and join our dedicated team within our Glenmor Home Owner's Club. Core working hours 10:00am - 4:30pm, change over days Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays. Full-time and Part-time opportunities available.
Nestled at the heart of the 850-acre Gleneagles estate, Glenmor consists of two, three and four bedroom luxury lodges set around a small lochan and a village green. There are 53 homes in the Glenmor village, each designed by internationally renowned designer Amanda Rosa and finished to a luxurious standard, combining designer decor and modern appliances with superb views of the surrounding countryside.
As an inclusive employer, we are open to having a conversation with you around flexible working.
Here's a bit more detail on what we see you doing in this role...
- Planning and organising all equipment and linen for every home on both departure and refresh days, including transporting these to each home by 1000hrs
- Supporting the cleaning of Tryst, Sales Office and Show house daily between 0700-0900hrs
- Assisting with the delivery of bakery and newspapers to homes by 0815hrs
- Attending communication briefings on the changeover days to go over the days business
- Taking pride in guaranteeing that all guest requirements are met and arranged
- Reporting any faults or damages to maintenance and clearly communicating any deep cleaning requirements to concierge
- Daily duties would consist of preparing house for cleaning, handling both clean and dirty linen, making beds to standard, cleaning bathrooms, full kitchen, balconies and all upholstery
The kind of person we're looking for...
- Previous experience in housekeeping or cleaning would be an advantage but not essential
- Polite, friendly and helpful in nature
- Can confidently deal with Individual guest requests, and comfortable using guest names when in cleaning houses
- Flexible in approach and prepared to help out other members of the team when required with a willing and positive approach
- Has an enthusiastic and warm approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and has impeccable attention to detail
- Reliable and likes to ensure every job is completed to the highest of standard consistently and in a timely fashion
- Great team worker with strong communication skills; you want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and above all has fun along the way
What's in it for you...
- Competitive salary
- Personal and professional development
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Discounted golf membership and spa treatments
- Discounted hotel stays (Gleneagles, Hoxton Hotels and 27 luxury hotels across Scotland)
- 25% discount on Gleneagles retail products and the invitation to attend pre-sale events
- Personal membership to Perkbox, an employee perk platform offering a huge variety of discounts, a free Café Nero each week, and a cinema ticket each month, with our compliments
- Mobile phone insurance
- Free ‘pay day’ lunch and monthly drinks offers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Volunteering days with a charitable partner of your choice
If you are our next Housekeeping Assistant and Glenmor Home Owners' Club please forward your most recent CV to us today.