Be part of ‘Our Glorious Playground’…
When Gleneagles first opened its doors in 1924, this magnificent countryside estate in the heart of Scotland was described as a “riviera in the Highlands”. Today, as a member of the Leadership Hotels of the World, Gleneagles continues to offer an unrivalled array of attractions, including: luxury accommodation, some of the best dining experiences in Scotland, three championship golf courses, an award-winning spa and an exhilarating array of outdoor activities.
With over forty operating departments, Gleneagles offer its 1,000 employees unrivalled opportunities, across many different roles and disciplines.
Location; Auchterarder, just off the A9. Gleneagles is also within easy reach of a number of Scottish towns and cities: Edinburgh City Centre (1hr), Glasgow or Dundee (50mins), Stirling and Perth (25mins).
Come and join us!
One of Scotland’s finest and most iconic 5-star hotels and country estates, we are currently seeking a confident, calm and efficient Deputy Restaurant Manager to join our Strathearn Restaurant team. An opportunity to work in one of the most prestigious restaurants in the UK. A restaurant that is synonymous with luxury, elegance, flamboyance and finesse that is located in the heart of the beautiful Scottish countryside. Based in one of the best hotels worldwide, a dining room that has enjoyed the company of film stars, celebrities, world leaders and royalty who have come to experience the theatre and glamour one of the last bastions of a bygone era.
We are open to having a conversation with you around flexible working.
Here's a bit more detail on what we see you doing in this role...
- The successful candidate will work closely alongside the Restaurant Manager and will oversee the day-to-day running of the 250 seater restaurant, this will involve being responsible for the consistent 5 star standard that has been present since the opening of the hotel.
- Overseeing and assisting with the training and development of a young and very talented team will be one of the primary responsibilities.
- The recruitment of talented individuals will be a key focus to ensure that we have some of the best people in world hospitality as part of the team.
- Having a key input and understanding of the business, focussing mainly on payroll and areas where revenue can be maximised.
- Being organised with all administration which will include preparing the rota for the 100 person strong team. Ensuring all procedures are in place and are followed according to company policy.
- Maximising reservations to ensure the restaurant is as busy as it can be. This will involve working closely with the Reservations team to ensure that all bookings for our guests are in place and all needs and requirements are catered for.
- Holding daily briefings with the team to ensure all relevant information is shared to allow the smooth running of the operation.
The kind of person we're looking for...
- To succeed in this position, the candidate must be a role model for the team consistently delivering a high energy, floor based and detail focused performance that has the Guest at the forefront of their mind at all times. Taking great pride to work in such an amazing establishment is something that you should convey to each team player and guests.
- Learning the likes and dislikes of all of our guests to ensure that on any visit they have nothing short of a world class experience.
- Ensuring the culture within the extremely diverse team is always at its best is vital to the success of the restaurant and to the longevity of the team players. Making sure that the restaurant is a fun, happy and rewarding environment for working is of the highest priority.
- You must have a passion for sharing your knowledge and have a strong coaching ability to share all of your practical skills which will result in the improvement of the team around you.
- Working closely on a day-to-day basis with the Head Waiter team to develop their skills and assist them in dealing with any and all situations that come their way, in the long term this will allow them to make a smooth transition into a management position leaning on the knowledge that you have imparted.
- You must be a confident induvial who can deal with any situation that comes their way. Being able to deal with guest complaints in a calm and efficient manner to ensure the situation is resolved immediately is of the utmost importance.
- To work in such a restaurant and property the candidate must have previous 5 star luxury hotel experience within a management position. Have the ability to communicate with the people around you in a clear and concise manner even when under extreme pressure.
- Working closely alongside the culinary team when it comes to menu and dish development. Organising the training for the team on all new products and dishes to ensure the level of knowledge is at the highest and most consistent standard.
- Having a good understanding of the hotel operation and being able to assist within any of the other F&B outlets is key to a successful division, this means having a ‘One Team’ attitude.
What’s in it for you...
- Competitive salary
- Personal and professional development
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Discounted golf membership and spa treatments
- Discounted hotel stays (Gleneagles, Hoxton Hotels and 27 luxury hotels across Scotland)
- 25% discount on Gleneagles retail products and the invitation to attend pre-sale events
- Personal membership to Perkbox, an employee perk platform offering a huge variety of discounts, a free Café Nero each week, and a cinema ticket each month, with our compliments
- Mobile phone insurance
- Free ‘pay day’ lunch and monthly drinks offers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Volunteering day with a charitable partner of your choice
If you are our next Deputy Restaurant Manager please forward your most recent CV to us today!