Be part of ‘Our Glorious Playground’…
Gleneagles, one of Scotland’s finest and most iconic 5-star hotels and country estates, is currently seeking a highly motivated and passionate Departmental Training Manager to work within our housekeeping team and play a key part of developing our accommodation services team.
When Gleneagles first opened its doors in 1924, this magnificent countryside estate in the heart of Scotland was described as a “riviera in the Highlands. Today, as a member of the Leadership Hotels of the World, Gleneagles continues to offer an unrivalled array of attractions, including: luxury accommodation, some of the best dining experiences in Scotland, three championship golf courses, an award-winning spa and an exhilarating array of outdoor activities.
With over forty operating departments, Gleneagles offer its 1,000 employees unrivalled opportunities, across many different roles and disciplines.
Location; Auchterarder, just off the A9. Gleneagles is also within easy reach of a number of Scottish towns and cities: Edinburgh City Centre (1hr), Glasgow or Dundee (50mins), Stirling and Perth (25mins).
Come and join us!
We're looking for a warm, passionate and self-motivated Departmental Training Manager to join our Accommodation Services Department.
Each and every one of our 206 luxury bedrooms and 26 suites has the individuality of an intimate hotel with a selection of modern and traditional interiors, celebrating our rich heritage, our beautiful setting, and the charming traditions of the local area.
Here's a bit more detail on what we see you doing in this role…
- Work with the Executive Head Housekeeper and Head Housekeeper to develop initiatives to reach service standards and drive continuous improvement in the guest experience
- Conduct regular Training Needs Analysis and create and maintain Department Skills Matrix, based on TNA output
- Training all Housekeeping colleagues across the division to meet their individual role requirements and service delivery
- Conduct new team member orientation providing information on hotel and company standards, policies, procedures, rules and team member benefits.
- Produce and deliver a monthly training calendar, taking into account department training objectives.
- Effective mentoring and development of Housekeeping staff to achieve and maintain quality standards through the execution of departmental training and quality management
- Departmental training champion for HotSOS
- Takes ownership of department performance and improvement through training
- Assess performance and productivity in line with HOTSOS Results
- Conduct discovery phase reviews and assist with Annual Appraisals for room attendants
- Assist the Executive Head Housekeeper and Head Housekeeper with performance management
The kind of person we're looking for…
- L&D experience gained within a large customer service-focused organisation (ideally with luxury brands) is essential and experience gained within luxury Hospitality is required
- Experienced, confident and engaging facilitator with the ability to flex their approach for diverse groups and for different situations
- Experience of conducting Training Needs Analysis and creating skills matrices
- Proven ability to balance the demands of L&D design/delivery/administration/logistics/engaging with stakeholders
- Experience of working with a range of business standards is essential and experience of creating standards-based learning solutions is highly desirable
- Experience of designing, implementing and evaluating a range of engaging learning solutions
- Experience of working with eLearning/Learning Management Systems/blended learning
- Experience of implementing on boarding activity
- Passionate about learning, highly curious and enjoys research and exploring new trends in Housekeeping development
- Good business partnering skills, with the ability to build strong relationships and to influence key stakeholders
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint, ideally at basic level as a minimum
- Pays attention to detail and is good at collating data and pulling together reports
- Takes pride in the work they do and are passionate about delivering the high standards that are associated with the Gleneagles brand
- Enthusiastic, confident and warm; you like working in an environment where things move and flex, where a can-do attitude is key
- Reliable and likes to ensure every job is completed to the highest of standard consistently and in a timely fashion
- Great team worker with strong communication skills; you want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and above all has fun along the way
- Ability to manage conflict, manage feedback and at all times maintain a friendly, empathetic demeanour during high pressure situations
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive salary
- Personal and professional development
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Discounted golf membership and spa treatments
- Discounted hotel stays (Gleneagles, Hoxton Hotels and 27 luxury hotels across Scotland)
- 25% discount on Gleneagles retail products and the invitation to attend pre-sale events
- Personal membership to Perkbox, an employee perk platform offering a huge variety of discounts, a free Café Nero each week, and a cinema ticket each month, with our compliments
- Mobile phone insurance
- Free ‘pay day’ lunch and monthly drinks offers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Volunteering days with a charitable partner of your choice
If you are our next Departmental Training Manager please forward your most recent CV to us today.