Be part of ‘Our Glorious Playground’…
When Gleneagles first opened its doors in 1924, this magnificent countryside estate in the heart of Scotland was described as a “riviera” in the Highlands. Today, as a member of the Leadership Hotels of the World, Gleneagles continues to offer an unrivalled array of attractions, including: luxury accommodation, some of the best dining experiences in Scotland, three championship golf courses, an award-winning spa and an exhilarating array of outdoor activities.
With over forty operating departments, Gleneagles offer its 1,000 employee unrivalled opportunities, across many different roles and disciplines.
Location; Auchterarder, just off the A9. Gleneagles is also within easy reach of a number of Scottish towns and cities: Edinburgh City Centre (1hr), Glasgow or Dundee (50mins), Stirling and Perth (25mins).
Come and join us!
Gleneagles, one of Scotland’s finest and most iconic 5-star hotels and country estates, is currently seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Assistant Executive Housekeeper to ensure the highest standards and meticulous attention to detail is achieved across the estate.
Each and every one of our 206 luxury bedrooms and 26 suites has the individuality of an intimate hotel with a selection of modern and traditional interiors, celebrating our rich heritage, our beautiful setting, and the charming traditions of the local area.
A key management position within one of the largest departments of the resort. With a 140 strong team, this role will manage the day to day operations across the Accommodation Service department including rooms, public areas, staff accommodation and back of house cleaning.
As an inclusive employer, we are open to having a conversation with you around flexible working.
Here's a bit more detail on what we see you doing in this role...
- Working alongside the Executive Housekeeper to engage and manage a workforce of 140 room attendants, porters and managers, developing a positive and high-performance culture
- Maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness, room preparation and presentation across the estate; ensuring guest rooms, public space, employee accommodation, and employee areas are well presented and maintained
- Oversight of daily and night shift operations, ensuring compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures
- Lead and inspire the housekeeping team by example, creating an environment that lets them be themselves and bring their best selves to work, encouraging their development and progression
- Holding people accountable, manage performance, and get the best out of the team while inspiring others to continually strive to do better
- Ensuring all employees have the tools and resource to carry out their roles effectively
- Strive to improve service performance and standards, ensuring employees understand expectations and parameters
- Empowering employees to exceed customer expectations
- Responding to guest problems and complaints
- Working effectively with the Maintenance Team on all identified needs
- Overseeing stock inventories to ensure adequate supplies
- Understanding the impact of the department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manage to achieve or exceed budgeted goals
The kind of person we're looking for...
- An active hands-on manager, with a hard-working attitude, strong resilience and a well organised nature
- An eagle-eye for detail, you can spot a slip in standards from a mile away
- Passion for getting the job done and getting it done right
- You genuinely enjoy the world of 5* hotel operations, and you have a proven track record of delivering high standards and managing change
- A natural people person who people like working with. You make those around feel good about the role they play and are comfortable coming to you with questions. You bring others with you.
- You're great at motivating others to continually deliver such high standards of service, and having honest conversations with people when their performance slips
- You're all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- Experience of running a large-scale operation would be an advantage, as would project management
- Experience of HOTSOS and Opera, or similar front desk operating systems, would also be an advantage
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other, and has fun along the way!
What's in it for you...
- Competitive salary
- Investment in your personal and professional development
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Discounted golf membership and spa treatments
- Discounted hotel stays (Gleneagles, Hoxton Hotels and 27 luxury hotels across Scotland)
- 25% discount on Gleneagles retail products and the invitation to attend pre-sale events
- Personal membership to Perkbox, an employee perk platform offering a huge variety of discounts, a free Café Nero each week, and a cinema ticket each month, with our compliments
- Mobile phone insurance
- Free ‘pay day’ lunch and monthly drinks offers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Volunteering day with a charitable partner of your choice
If you are our next Assistant Executive Housekeeper please forward your most recent CV to us today!