Job Description and Qualifications
Join our team in a challenging role as a Customer Engineering Project Engineer to support our plants!
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a world-leading manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate oppportunity for a Project Engineer to be based in Glenmont, New York, or Allentown, Pennsylvania.
The Project Engineer position is a broad role where the engineer is tasked with executing cryogenic and industrial gas delivery system projects for Air Products' customers. Periodic travel to customer sites in the Northeast focused in the New England area is required. Additional travel will be required to other regional or national locations for training during the first six months to a year in the position.
You will provide technical bid support in the form of understanding customer system/design requirements and developing technical proposals and estimates for the Commercial Sales team. If Air Products is awarded the contract, the successful candidate will be responsible for final system design and to act as the overall project manager for the installation of the equipment.
You will work closely with the Engineering Manager while receiving in-house training and guidance from a variety of team members. Communication and technical skills are paramount as there are many interfaces both internal and external to Air Products and with technical and non-technical personnel. This challenging position offers an excellent opportunity for career development, practical engineering, and project management experience.
- Design and manage new customer station installations or modifications to existing systems from the proposal phase through implementation.
- Drive safety performance and participate in Air Products' Basic Safety Program.
- Provide engineering support to Air Products' customers, sales personnel, and the Customer Engineering Maintenance organization.
- Provide Sale of Equipment and engineering services to Air Products' customers.
- Prepare scope of work documents detailing system design criteria and customer versus Air Products installation roles and responsibilities.
- Conduct site evaluations for Liquid Oxygen, Bulk Hydrogen, Liquid Hydrogen, and Carbon Monoxide systems to ensure compliance with NFPA and local regulations.
- Generate installation cost estimates, bills of materials/design specifications, and detailed equipment layout, foundation, and flow schematic drawings.
- Prepare construction packages containing system details and drawings, budgetary information, safety checklists, and other installation requirements.
- Complete project closeout activities, including actual vs. budget cost justification, drawing as-builds, and design audits.
- Participation in Regional Alignment teams to identify continuous improvement opportunities with a focus to serve customers more efficiently and effectively.
- Provide input to Product Supply Teams regarding equipment design and performance.
- Follow all internal work processes for safety, engineering, project management, and operations.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Engineering degree from recognized university - Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degrees are preferred
- Self-directed, self-motivated, able to work independently without daily face to face interaction with direct manager
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- 1-3 years Engineering experience
- Strong computer skills for all Microsoft programs and drafting
- Ability to travel to customer sites in the Northeast
To learn more, visit About Air Products.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
North America - Exempt