Brookfield Properties has an immediate need for a Maintenance Mechanic at Glendale Galleria.
At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people.
Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world's most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management.
Our retail group operates destination, standalone retail real estate globally, including over 150 malls in the United States. Our regional shopping centers create a sense of place in the heart of the communities in which we do business: offering retail, lifestyle, dining and entertainment options.
Under the direction of management, the employee will perform a wide variety of maintenance functions required to maintain the physical plant of the shopping center.
- Installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining various building systems
- Operating walk behind and ride on scrubbers
- Operating hi-lifts, trash compactors, freight lift and trucks
- Repairing, modifying and moving retail merchandising units
- Assisting with the removal of snow and ice by vehicle and/or by hand
- Performing minor roof, floor and plumbing repairs
- Repairing minor concrete and blacktop repairs
- Drywall installation, finishing, painting and repairs
- Assisting with maintaining inventory records
- Any other work that may be requested of the maintenance department including maintenance of HVAC equipment
- Some shift work and shared on-call emergency response is required
- Other duties as assigned
- High School degree
- 3 Years in related field
- 2 years Tech School Grad. or Certificate
- Valid Driver's License, if applicable
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, and outside weather conditions; the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Requirement to sit, bend, climb, balance, smell and walk.
- Must regularly move up to 25lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 50lbs, and occasionally lift and or move 100lbs.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to do the following:
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to climb stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, and outside weather conditions.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.