Requisition Number: MANAG02637
The Manager- Companion Animal Clinic (CAC) is a leadership role and an integral member of the veterinary clinical management team, reporting to the Director of the Companion Animal Clinic in the Animal Health Institute. The Manager of CAC will assist in helping to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs. The Manager of CAC is also part of creating a culture of high-quality patient care and exceptional customer service. Responsibilities include managing, planning, and coordinating the overall operations of the veterinary hospital, and cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Hiring, annual performance reviews, resolution of team conflicts and establishing and measuring goals for team of supervisors and veterinary technicians.
- Work with Veterinary Technician Supervisors on identifying needs for improvement in patient care and providing necessary training for veterinary technical staff
- Review and update clinical and operational procedural documents
- Prepare clinical operations for accreditation site visits
- Work with Risk Management on OSHA safety and monthly reviews
- Assist with setup for clinical research projects
- Work with IT support on practice information management software and workflow
- Support and train staff for appropriate appointment scheduling meeting clinic needs and student caseload
- Work closely with surgery scheduling team on reviewing and maintaining appointment scheduler for patient care and student caseload
- Review and submit timecards via designated systems bi-weekly for applicable staff
- Assist in maintenance of sensitive clinic equipment and scheduling maintenance when needed
- Support monthly team meetings by identifying educational opportunities for staff
- Collaborate with clinic leadership team on future projects and impact of staffing needs
- Be a patient advocate and act in the best interest of the patient at all times
- Other duties as assigned by Director of the Companion Animal Clinic
This position will have supervisory responsibilities. This person will directly oversee the Veterinary Technician Supervisors and indirectly oversee the team of Veterinary Technicians.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This individual must have the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner and must have regular, predictable, in-person attendance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position requires strict compliance with all policies and procedures.
- This position requires a significant amount of interaction with the public and many internal customers and, therefore, the individual must be able to develop positive rapport efficiently and effectively.
- Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office Suite.
- Multitasking and time management are a necessary component.
- This position may require working evening or at times overnight hours.
- Must exhibit excellent customer service skills and demonstrate respect at all levels of interaction.
- Know the range of services the practice provides and the species it serves.
- Budget and labor management
- Problem solving and resolution skills
- Know and follow OSHA standards. Be able to locate and update Safety Data Sheets quickly.
- Know and use standard medical and business abbreviations.
- Use proper medical terminology and spelling when speaking and writing.
- Be able to work with various types of personalities and understand their difference
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree is required. Must have a CVT certification (certified veterinary technician) with 3-5 years of management experience which includes customer service and clinical operations experience. Veterinary management experience required.
The individual must have the ability to learn the String Soft Veterinary management system, several of Midwestern University platforms, and have proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Intermediate skills: Ability to read and interpret written documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Intermediate skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Efficiently organize and prioritize tasks.
Intermediate skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to understand financial worksheets.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand or sit for long periods. The employee must regularly use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. This position requires working on computers and talking on the telephone the majority of the day. Must be able to occasionally push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds without assistance which includes lifting pets.
Animal allergies statement: No inhibiting allergies to animals, hay, or dust.
Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race; color; religion; creed; national origin or ancestry; ethnicity; sex (including pregnancy); gender (including gender expressions, gender identity; and sexual orientation); marital status; age; disability; citizenship; past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services; genetic information; or any other protected class, in accord with all federal, state and local laws, including 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a). Midwestern University complies with the Smoke-Free Arizona Act (A.R.S. 36-601.01) and the Smoke Free Illinois Act (410 ILCS 82/). Midwestern University complies with the Illinois Equal Pay Act of 2003 and Arizona Equal Pay Acts.