While other companies just build places to live, at HHHunt we build a better way of life. Founded by Harry H. Hunt III in 1966, HHHunt is a recognized leader in real estate development throughout Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland and South Carolina. It's the people of HHHunt who set us apart and make a positive impact every day. Working for HHHunt means being part of a community and striving to provide the best in all that we do, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together. It is HHHunt's mission to improve the world and how people live by creating meaningful experiences and places of great distinction. We are looking for a Business Development Coordinator for Zoning and Legal to join our team.
As Business Development Coordinator, you will provide high-level support to the Director of Business Development – Zoning & Legal in addition to three Vice Presidents of Real Estate Development. This position is responsible for assisting in the oversight of all legal and zoning activities of the Business Development Team, including the Land, Feasibility & Entitlement, and Communities Development.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide support and assistance in the legal aspects (non-practicing) of the Business Development team including, but not limited to, all purchase and sale agreements, title work, zoning, easements, association governing documents, legal matters, lawsuits, zoning applications, ancillary zoning matters and oversight of third party legal counsel
- Calculate, manage and maintain contract key dates
- Collect and analyze information; prepare reports and presentations
- Prepare responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage executive(s) schedules and handle confidential information; organize and maintain files for executive(s) and team as requested.
- Prepare information and research to serve business unit needs
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Problem solving with critical thinking, sound judgement and decision-making abilities
- Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge of a particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments
- Strong computer and technical skills. Microsoft office suite; excel, work and power point
- Ability to manage competing priorities within established timeframes and adjust to changing circumstances
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, legal documents and regulations
- Evidence of experience in demonstrating discretion and confidentiality
- Reporting, organization and proven time management skills
- Ability to tackle new projects and ideas
- Bachelor's degree preferred in related field of study, but not required
- Minimum 3 years of contract, zoning or related experience
- Experience managing multiple calendars
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to multi-task
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision as well as in a team environment
- Possess and maintain a valid state driver's license
As a progressive organization meeting the needs of a diverse workforce, in addition to the standard competitive benefits package we also offer birthday day off, 10 holidays, adoption benefits, excellent health care benefits, HHHunt rental discounts, and education assistance-to name just a few. To learn more about this exciting opportunity to join a great organization, visit www.hhhunt.com and discover for yourself why we believe, it's how you live that matters.
HHHunt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.