Service Manager Start-Up HVAC Mechanical Servicing Company - Base Salary to 150k/year - Glastonbury, CT
Service Manager – Start-Up HVAC Mechanical Servicing Company - Base Salary to 150k/year – Glastonbury, CT
- Our client, a start-up residential/light commercial mechanical servicing company handling service and preventative maintenance, has an immediate need for a licensed technician to build and grow their in-house service department in Glastonbury, CT. This role is ideal for someone who has previously owned and run their own HVAC business OR someone who would love to start their own business without the financial risk.
- In this role, the Service Manager will carry the Unlimited HVAC license for the business. In the beginning, the Service Manager will act as a technician while building the team. You will ultimately step into a full-time Service Manager role once the team has been built. You will work largely with property management companies.
- In addition to building the team, the Service Manager will also answer technical questions, handle client relations, as well as be responsible for the vision and strategy of the department.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train HVAC techs.
- Supervise the team.
- Scheduling and providing technical support for technicians.
- Review the technicians work to make sure quality and safety standards are being met.
- Handle performance appraisals and formal reviews of service team.
- Establish and maintain a training program in order to inform on latest service techniques and safety procedures.
- Work with dispatch to make sure personnel is properly scheduled.
- Develop and monitor budgets to optimize profitability.
- Help to generate sales leads by promoting maintenance/service agreements, estimates and bids.
Qualifications for this role include maintaining an Unlimited HVAC license in the state of Connecticut. The ideal candidate will have run an HVAC business or have experience leading an HVAC service team. Candidate should have a strong in-depth understanding of HVAC and refrigeration systems, and the ability to read and interpret manuals, schematics and control circuits. Must have excellent leadership, customer service and general sales skills.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary up to 150k/year, plus incentives. Also included will be a company vehicle and gas card. The company offers health insurance and PTO.
Click Here for QUICK APPLY - Hassle Free & Easy