Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position:
Full-time Mental Health Therapist needed for our outpatient Behavioral Health Department in Gig Harbor. Staff member will be working with clients who have serious mental health illness in an intensive outpatient setting.
The Mental Health Therapist provides diagnostic assessments, referrals for psychiatric services, case management in coordination with other teams or parties involved in treatment. In addition, the Mental Health Therapist provides individual counseling, crisis stabilization, suicide risk assessment and treatment plans, and leads groups. Assistance to the Program Manager in program development, policy and procedure development, compliance with WACs and RCWs, and other administrative tasks performed are as directed. This job description does not suggest or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The person in this position will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An understanding of the Behavioral Health Organization requirements. The ability to work effectively with all persons and groups with an open mind towards cultural differences and knowledge of cultures.
- The ability to accurately diagnose mental health issues and develop treatment plans based upon diagnoses. The ability to NOT diagnose behavioral problems as mental illnesses unless appropriate.
- An understanding of chemical dependency treatment and an ability to coordinate mental health services with chemical dependency treatment providers.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must hold a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in psychology, counseling, or social work which includes course-work in psychological diagnostics.
- Four or more years’ experience in the field. Must meet criteria of a Mental Health Professional (MHP). Must hold and maintain an active Washington State Agency Affiliated Counselor License (may be pending for up to 60 days if applied for within 7 days of being offered employment) or mental health Associate License (includes Marriage and Family Therapist, Mental Health Counselor, and Clinical Social Worker).
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career; a career that allows you to grow in your specialty. Full-time employees working 30 hours or more, receive an excellent benefit package; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employment Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 24-27 days per year + 10 paid Holidays. We offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Julie Weigand, Program Manager at JulieWeigand@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 10/29/2019
External candidates considered after 11/01/2019
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.seamar.org. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram