Senior Sales Engineer
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes Network Systems, LLC, an EchoStar Company, (Hughes) is a leading provider of SD-WAN and managed network services utilizing innovative network technologies and solutions to serve enterprises and governments globally.
In the Enterprise segment, HughesON delivers comprehensive managed solutions for distributed organizations, with award winning technology platform and industry leading technologies for broadband, software defined networking and digital media.
Hughes Network Systems has an exciting opportunity for an Senior Sales Engineer! This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
- Develop winning technical solutions and strategies for wide-area networking, network security, and digital media
- Identify and design solutions built around value added services including VoIP, W-Fi, and employee training
- Develop and present technical and business benefits to senior executives, decision makers, and network engineers for million-dollar opportunities
- Oversee the pricing and business model of the opportunities
- Complete RFP/RFI documents submitted by potential clients, with particular attention to technical and advanced product questions
- Engage directly with potential clients to solve technical questions, barriers, and architectural hurdles
- Serve as a Hughes product expert, providing system engineering and system architecture best practices and techniques, both internally and externally
- Help lead the development of proof of concept engagements with clients
- Expected travel up to 30%
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information System
- 3 year of experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering, consulting, and/or other customer facing role consulting on and delivering technical products or services
- Experience in the IT Industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical and business-related subjects to all audiences
- Ability to make good business judgment, ability to make decisions, and a passion for excellence
- Enthusiastic, action oriented, capable of independently solving complex technical problems and able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences
- Possess excellent technical aptitude and a desire to learn constantly
- MBA Preferred
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.