EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager who will be responsible HughesON managed services for Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) and Security services. You will work closely with product engineers, marketing, and sales to oversee the development, implementation, and marketing for these services.
The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in a product management role and a passion for building great products that customers love.
• Gather feature requirements from key customers (end customers, product marketing, and sales organization) for designing new products and services.
• Support sales teams as subject matter expert on key opportunities.
• Partner with product marketing teams to develop and deploy marketing campaigns.
• Write product briefs and specifications, and collaborate with design, launch management, engineering and marketing teams to drive new product initiatives.
• Assume ownership of all product deliverables throughout all phases of the product life cycle.
• Assess and validate product priorities to set strategic direction to deliver on customer needs and key metrics.
• Identify key success metrics, analyze the results of product changes, and communicate results and next steps to cross functional team members.
• Manage third-party developers or partners, along with influencing future product feature planning with vendors.
• Able to deliver internal and external presentations.
• Bachelor's degree is required
• 5+ years of work experience in a product management role
• Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is highly preferred
• PMP certification is considered a plus
• WiFi (WLAN) , Wireless (4G) technical experience highly preferred
• Demonstrated track record of driving product development through each step in product development: initial concept, requirements gathering, development/deployment planning, implementation, launch, testing, analysis, iteration, and end-of-life planning
• Ability to demonstrate creative problem solving, thoughtful product scoping, and flexibility in a fast-moving environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Travel up to 20%
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.