We are looking for friendly folks like you to join our team! MISSION BBQ is unlike any other restaurant concept in the country. We serve the most authentic, mouth-watering all-American food anywhere – with a side order of patriotism! Our team is on a mission to make a difference across the country and in our communities. And right now, we're looking for Great People to join us as we grow again.
What we do:
- A great Place to Work – You will be part of an elite team, yet some might say we're a family
- Home for the Holidays – Closed on New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day
- No Late Nights – We offer flexible hours and shifts. 11:00am – 9:00pm Mon-Thu, 11:00am – 10:00pm Fri-Sat, 11:30am – 8:00pm Sun
- Free Meals – You'll be serving authentic homemade, hand-crafted BBQ and chances are, it'll make you hungry. So, dig in – your meals are on us
- We Encourage Giving Back – Thanking Our Uniformed American Heroes. Helping out in the Communities we serve. It's the right thing to do and we support your extra efforts
- Opportunity for Advancement – Grow as we grow! MISSION BBQ looks forward to seeing our Teammates succeed and do our best to help with training, a supportive, nurturing environment and commit to promoting from within
Performs the following tasks on an on-going basis:
- Continuously provides employees with verbal recognition, direction, and support.
- Communicates with employees to keep them informed of restaurant, regional, and corporate procedures.
- Communicates with managers to evaluate work procedures, review restaurant standards, identify methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness, and respond proactively to any needs that arise.
- Listens to comments, criticisms, and feedback from guests, employees, and other managers to gain an understanding of areas of strength and opportunity to improve personal and restaurant performance.
- Trains and empowers employees to exercise good judgment to make decisions regarding service, food quality, and guest satisfaction.
- Monitors and coaches employees on performance, compliance with procedures, and workload.
- Creates and modifies the weekly work schedule to accommodate employees, volume, or other emerging trends.
- Investigates safety issues by interviewing those involved in an accident/event to determine causes and recommend solutions.
- Writes notes and tracks them regarding issues, guests, etc., to keep other managers informed.
- Teaches, coaches, and documents employees who fail to meet standards to maintain a high quality workforce.
- Conducts meetings with employees to communicate incentive programs, implement new products and procedures, and discuss areas of opportunity, specials, events, etc.
- Fixes minor equipment problems (e.g., light bulbs) or calls for maintenance assistance when equipment problems cannot be fixed in-house to maintain the working condition of equipment and reduce operating costs.
- Monitors job openings resulting from promotions, terminations, and reorganizations to prepare for internal or external search for replacements.
- Screens, tests, and interviews applicants using selection tools to assess candidates' qualifications.
- Places orders with vendors to maintain adequate stock of restaurant inventory.
- Supervises deliveries by counting products and checking product quality to ensure that the billing and delivery meet amount and quality standards.
- Meets with vendors to keep one another informed of changes and to provide feedback.
- Reads and reviews invoices to verify accuracy and determine expenses, amount, and type of product being delivered to the restaurant.
- Recruits new employees from within the community to staff the restaurant.
- Balances staffing levels and labor costs to achieve a cost-effective plan.
- Conducts cash drops, reviews credit card totals, and verifies deposit slips.
- Completes reports to ensure accurate sales and inventory record keeping, determine goal accomplishments, and establish future business plans, goals, and sales projections.
- Reviews restaurant equipment maintenance checklist, evaluates condition of equipment, and conducts routine maintenance and minor repairs to ensure smooth operation and save on costs.
- Meets with supervisor regarding personal and restaurant performance, financial and operations data, action plans, annual business plans, profitability, and guest satisfaction.
- Monitors and controls food and labor costs using established methods to meet goals for restaurant and region.
Executes the following tasks during all shifts:
- Prepares restaurant and employees for shift and ensures the restaurant is ready to be open to standards.
- Inspects employees' work areas for cleanliness to acknowledge employees' work, delegate other cleaning duties, and/or okay him or her to go home.
- Performs employees' tasks such as preparing menu items and cleaning to ensure quality of the guest experience and to help employees.
- Greets employees as they begin their shifts to promote an atmosphere where they feel welcomed, important, valued, and to ensure they are ready for work.
- Inspects food items to ensure freshness and proper temperature.
- Monitors restaurant to ensure everyone is providing quality food and service to guests and that safety and sanitation standards are being met.
- Expedites food preparation to ensure food is prepared and delivered in a timely fashion.
- Resolves all guest complaints by listening to their issues and finding solutions.
- Ensures all employees follow sanitation, safety, and security procedures (e.g., panic buttons, alarms).
- College coursework preferred; high school diploma or equivalency required.
- Previous supervisory OR hospitality industry experience required; both preferred.
- Proficiency communicating (speaking, reading, and writing) in English; bilingual preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.