Estrella Oaks Rehab & Care Center
4011 Williams Dr.
Georgetown, TX 78628
Shift: 6am - 2pm
About the Position:
Working in long-term care provides an opportunity unique from all other types of health care facilities. Unlike nursing in other settings, long term care provides the opportunity to practice truly holistic nursing care while fostering a lasting connection between nurses, patients, and their families. It requires a special kind of nursing professional; one with compassion, patience, dedication, and true commitment to improving the health and lives of patients at a delicate time in their lives. The Certified Medication Aide works in harmony with the nursing staff, ensuring that patients get the medications they need to improve their health and lives. If you are a Certified Medication Aide with a true passion for patient care and compassion for others, apply today
The Certified Medication Aide, CMA is primarily responsible for preparing and administering oral, nasal, eye, ear, and topical medications in accordance with facility policies and procedures and state law. With the supervision of a Registered or Licensed Nurse, the Certified Medication Aide will also perform various direct patient care activities within the long-term care environment.
- Ideal candidate must be a caring individual dedicated to providing high quality care to residents in our care
- Must possess a current Certified Nursing Assistant certificate valid in the state of – TX
- Must possess a current, state approved Medication Administration certificate valid in the state of - TX
- 1+ years of experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant in a long term care environment preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Vision must be adequate to read medication labels.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English Language
- Able to react to emergency situations appropriately when required.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a patient/resident's condition.
All of our employees are valued and receive a competitive hourly rate; our full time team members are valued and offered a benefit package designed to fit their needs and those of their family, which includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance/ Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Short and Long-Term Disability Options
- Tuition Reimbursement & Nursing Loan Repayment Programs
- 401 (k) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- DailyPay option available! – Get your pay, when you need it.
- MetLife Auto and Home Insurance - employee discount available
- Helping Friends Foundation
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Tickets at Work - entertainment ticket discounts
- Purchasing Power - online purchase/payroll deduction
- In-facility education programs and more!
- Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Vets/Disabled. Drug-free/Smoke-free work environment.
Req. ID:011102 | 90974 - Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation and Care Center