Buyer (HDT (Florence, KY))
HUNTER DEFENSE TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
The Buyer/Planner is responsible for supporting company delivery and inventory turns objectives through:
- Timely and competitive procurement of raw materials & subcontract services
- Timely job scheduling and release that support production capacity constraints and customer delivery expectations
- Regular monitoring of open order status to identify potential delivery risks and recommend countermeasures
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors short and long term material requirements needs, develops and implements effective plans to assure material availability using SAP to manage and action daily ERP messages
- Controls the flow of material from the supplier and on the production floor.
- Manages non-conforming material (return material, identify replacement, cost of quality etc. )
- Immediately communicates product revision changes to supplier.
- Responsible for making what, when and how much decisions regarding material procurement and production.
- Monitors supplier on time delivery performance and escalates as necessary to commodity manager if chronic delivery issues are identified.
- Sends open order report to supplier weekly to ensure current schedule is accurate
- Ensures that SAP reflects the most up to date delivery schedule from suppliers with no due dates in the past, Manage PO Confirmations, Statistical Dates and Delivery Dates in SAP
- Monitor supplier shortages, shortage analysis and communication to appropriate team(s) as necessary
- Monitors supplier quality levels and escalates as necessary to commodity manager if chronic delivery issues are identified.
- Initiates actions as necessary for the participation of Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance to resolve day to day supplier concerns.
- Has an active role in maintaining inventories at minimal levels
- Engages with supervisors & managers in decreasing or adjusting stock quantities as appropriate.
- Performs daily expediting to ensure high service levels to our customers
- Takes a proactive role in continuous improvement of SAP parameters
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned