Sr Director Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
The Sr Director Strategic Sourcing will be responsible for developing and executing key strategic sourcing projects to help HMH secure the best services and products at the most competitive cost. In addition to traditional strategic sourcing functions which include steps such as presentation writing, data analysis, baseline development, model building, RFP development, bid management, negotiations, offer analysis and scenario development, this role requires the Sr Director to have an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to identify and create opportunities to help the organization reduce and/or avoid cost while minimizing risk.
This role will also be involved in post-bid management, which includes activities such as supplier on-boarding, spend analysis and vendor management. The Sr Director will lead a team tasked with managing multiple projects at the same time, as well as supporting ad-hoc sourcing inquiries.
Drive Strategic Sourcing Process Execution
- Create and implement mid-to-long term detailed sourcing strategic plans and category roadmaps
- Conduct detailed savings analysis and savings projections and synthesize into actionable recommendations
- Lead RFx (RFQ, RFP, RFI) processes from start to finish, for projects that vary in complexity, visibility, and priority
- Evaluate RFx responses (quantitatively and qualitatively)
- Conduct detailed market and vendor research and communicate these findings through meaningful research summaries
- Develop and manage complex short-and long-term project timelines including leading and managing internal and external teams
- Work with the leadership team to identify and strategically grow the Strategic Sourcing practice with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Present and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization including senior management
- Create and execute project work plans and successfully deliver on timelines and project goals and objectives
Contract Development and Management
- Lead contract negotiations with internal and Legal stakeholders
- Assess contracts for potential sourcing project opportunities
- Draft contract terms
Ad-Hoc Analysis and Project Support
- Manage both planned and unplanned projects from stakeholders across the company
- Partner with business leaders to create project roadmaps and savings tracking documents
- Develop high quality, detailed PowerPoint presentations
- Situational Adaptability
- Financial Acumen
- Communicates Effectively
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BA/BS in Business, Economics, Accounting or Engineering preferred. Advanced degree such as an MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years strategic sourcing experience. Multi-category sourcing experience preferred, including sourcing of both products and services.
- Management consulting experience preferred
- Strategic thinking and ability to influence on multiple levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, especially in front of peers and executive audiences.
- Must have strong quantitative skills and a data driven approach to solving problems.
- Must pay very close attention to details and possess the drive to get things right with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to listen, understand, and communicate with associates at all levels of the company.
- Possess the ability to multi-task, prioritize, work independently and keep a high level of focus.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Contract writing and management experience preferred.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing peoples lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visithttp://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.