Reporting to the District Manager, the Operations/Assistant Manager holds responsibility for day-to-day operations and ensures a safe and productive work environment for all team members. Duties include becoming a subject matter expert in facility operations, providing leadership and direction to facility personnel, ensuring a positive customer and vendor experience, coordinating with partnering facilities to meet organizational demand and training personnel to support their and the facilitys overall success.
From time to time, the Operations Manager visits client sites to ensure quality onsite operations. This is a hands-on role requiring physical output and professionalism.
Essential Responsibilities, includes but are not limited to
- Act as the primary point of contact for facility business in the absence of District Manager.
- Ensure product and service quality standards are met for onsite and offsite facility operations.
- Instill safe operating practices by providing necessary product and safety training as well as ensuring the adherence to facility and customer site safety requirements and OSHA, DOT and additional regulatory and industry standards.
- Promote positive customer experiences by providing a consultative approach, accurate transaction detail and follow-up for on-time deliveries.
- Interview and support workforce needs, ensuring a positive and engaging working environment in alignment with company policies, procedures and SAFER cultural standards.
- Set staff performance expectations and ensure accurate, detailed and timely performance appraisals are complete.
- Develop and implement appropriate training programs to ensure that staff is equipped to perform assigned duties.
- Provide information to assist in facility budgeting, which includes the staffing plan, fleet expenses, facility maintenance costs and capital spending requirements.
- Assist in developing initiatives regarding inventory and equipment needs, problem prevention and standard operating procedure continuous improvement.
- Assist in conducting periodic rental asset inventories, and conduct quarterly cycle counts.
- Assist in establishing/validating standards and measurements for each departments success within facility.
- Actively develop, coach and engage employees as well as utilize corrective action where necessary to best manage performance and ensure a positive, productive environment.
- Supervise, schedule and dispatch facility personnel, ensuring productive business outcomes.
- Conduct regular team meetings to coordinate tasks and prioritize operational goals.
- Resolve any issues with fleet, facility and equipment which may interfere with safety and operations.
- Prepare P.O. requisitions for inventoried items, assist in performing cycle counts, and shipping and receiving. Verify availability of item ordered within inventory system, creating inventory backorders as necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Sincere and Committed to Customer Service & Safety
- Accurate and Productive to Support Quality
- Fearlessly Ethical, Fair and Consistent to ensure Organizational Integrity and Safety Compliance
- Empowered to support engaged growth by ensuring team collaboration, development and motivation
- Ready & Urgent Subject Matter Leader
- Bachelors degree in business administration, supply chain or related field OR in lieu of degree, 4 plus years industrial operations experience.
- 3 plus years operations supervisory experience in an industrial environment preferred.
- Three plus years of 24hr Safety internal process knowledge and procedure preferred
- Strong attention to detail, leadership skills and the ability to management personnel effectively.
- Valid driver's license and ability to meet company insurability requirements.
- OSHA and DOT regulatory standards knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Current TWIC card preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
- Willingness and ability to offer physical labor.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Strong leadership qualities with the ability to work with all levels of management and employee population in a professional manner.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and control workflow and processes.
- Keen sense of time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to manage area that operates on a 24/7 schedule
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand; reach; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and regularly push and/or pull 110 pounds (wheeled rack).
- The work environment includes an open-air warehouse where equal to or greater than outside ambient air temperatures can be experienced.
- The effective utilization of a computer system and face-to-face conversations to exchange information with internal and external customers is required on a daily basis.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, direct hire position. Overtime or weekend hours may be needed. On-call schedule to include weekends required.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. We recognize each individual’s potential to offer significant contributions to our organization’s growth and stability.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.