Apprentice - CDL Driver
Essential Responsibilities, includes but are not limited to
- Provides timely delivery and pick-up to and from designated customer locations of customer equipment, breathing air, and/or bottle trailers.
- Provide courteous customer relations and always strive to strengthen Company. relationship with the customers by establishing a reputation for fast, accurate, and on-time deliveries.
- Perform additional duties in the Operations Department by being trained in Breathing Air Technology with primary emphasis on operating breathing air compressors to fill all types of air cylinders and safely deliver to the customer in accordance with approved Company Operating Procedures.
- Serve as an Air Shop Technician, when directed, performing receipt inspection, cleaning, servicing, reassembling, and testing of customer equipment in accordance with approved testing and service procedures.
- Continuously strive to upgrade skills and capabilities to be able to handle new assignments and responsibilities consistent with company needs.
- Understand that all personnel involved in Field Services assignments are both authorized and obligated to refuse to perform any task they deem unsafe, and to immediately report such an incident(s) to management
- Respond immediately and with a sense of urgency to work requests from the Operations Dispatcher
- Comply with all applicable DOT regulations and inspect all equipment for damage and/or excessive wear when picking up equipment. Report findings to the Operations Dispatcher
- Other duties as assigned
- Sincere and Committed to Customer Service & Safety
- Accurate and Productive to Support Quality
- Fearlessly Ethical, Fair and Consistent to ensure Organizational Integrity and Safety Compliance
- Empowered to support engaged growth by ensuring team collaboration, development and motivation
- Ready & Urgent Subject Matter Leader
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Willingness and ability to receive a Class A CDL License and hazmat endorsements within 90 days of hire.
- Valid TWIC card required. Current Medical Card preferred.
- Must be the age of 23 or older.
- Must be able to enter client sites without restrictions.
- Minimum of 90 days driving experience.
- Exposure servicing SCBA/SAR respiratory equipment & Breathing Air Filling procedures preferred.
- Fork Lift Operator (Desirable)
- Willingness and ability to work on-call weekend and nights
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk.
- The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to regularly push and/or pull 110 pounds (wheeled rack).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, direct hire position. Overtime or weekend hours may be needed. Rotating on-call schedule to include weekends required.
Local Client Site Delivery
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. We recognize each individual’s potential to offer significant contributions to our organization’s growth and stability.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.