Innovative products begin with talented, highly motivated individuals. Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market, invites you to join our dynamic, industry-leading workforce. Our world-class portfolio of brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis, offers the unique opportunity to follow your passion for automotives in business or technical fields at locations across North America. And when you work for a Daimler company, you join a global network of over 250,000 dedicated employees on 6 continents who share your passion. Apply today and explore the world of Daimler!
Maintain, Repair and Build Dies, Jigs, Fixtures and Detailed Tooling Components. Install and repair die tooling, working with Progressive Stamping Presses. Able to trouble-shoot probable causes of defective parts pertaining to tool & die repairs. Able to use root-cause failure analysis to make improvements. Working knowledge of Auto-Cad for reading blue prints and mapping die components. Must be able to operate Manual Mills, Lathes, Surface Grinders and CNC Equipment. EDM experience would be a plus.
- Able to operate all Tool & Die Equipment
- Must be able to set-up and operate mills, lathes, surface grinders and CNC machining equipment
- Hands on experience with drill presses, die grinders, air tools and basic tool and die hand tools
- Hands on experience with calipers, micrometer and measurement equipment
- Journeyman Card and/or completion of “Bona Fide” Apprenticeship program.
- Documentation substantiating 8 years of practical experience in Tool & Die Making. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to set-up and operate Tool & Die equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to set-up and operate Tool & Die equipment.
- Must be able to read blue prints and use Auto-Cad Technology.
- Technical Degree a plus
- An attached resume is required
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.
Thank you for your interest in Daimler Trucks North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.