Enviva is looking for a Utility Operator that is responsible for all aspects of continuous operation of the chip mill, including safety, equipment operation, monitoring, machine set up and cleaning.
- Operate mobile equipment to include Volvo 180 wheel loader, Volvo 220 wheel loader with top clamp fork and caterpillar forest machine track loader.
- Inspect equipment daily.
- Perform basic maintenance to keep equipment in clean, good working order.
- Proficiency in maintaining the proper paperwork.
- Ability to operate the machine in a timely and safe manner.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shift schedule.
- Responsible for other duties assigned for the job.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with heavy equipment operation
- A quick learner, ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Safely and efficiently performs all essential functions of the job
- Superior cognitive and systems knowledge to achieve production goals.
- Develop and maintain accurate written records.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal job instructions.
- Proficient in mathematics and measurement.
- Strong leadership abilities as demonstrated with past work experience or activities.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.