Voted by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers, Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Pergo and Quick Step.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
This position is responsible for operating a highly automated, direct laminating line to ensure 1st quality laminate flooring products while meeting or exceeding expected safety, quality, production and customer satisfaction goals
Develop and improve process procedures and forms to improve process efficiency, utilization and quality.
- Understand the SQDC process and how it is integrated throughout the entire system
- Translate that understanding into understandable process procedures and specifications.
- Regularly audit procedures and process specifications for applicability and effectiveness.
- Identify and recommend changes as needed.
- Active process monitoring to ensure product quality.
- Understand product requirements and expectations for milling and consumers.
- Monitor product quality and take action to minimize non-conforming products.
- Monitor and adjust machine parameters to ensure proper product alignment for Embossed-In-Register requirements and physical core/décor alignment for proper milling results.
- Perform regular quality tests and measurements using appropriate procedures, gauges and tools.
- Patrol line to ensure efficiency and all metrics are met or exceeded.
- Understand and operate all process line equipment in a safe manner.
- Ensure raw material is prepared and introduced to minimize line stoppages.
- Ensure line stoppages are identified and cleared in a timely manner.
- Identify issues affecting line performance and elevate quickly, if needed, to resolve.
- Support maintenance efforts on the equipment to assure timely resolution of problems.
- Understand equipment and product set-up requirements and perform efficiently.
- Prepare for product changes to ensure maximum equipment availability.
- Use business operating systems such as Shopfloor, end of shift reporting and SQDC metrics.
- Assist in closing orders and beginning new orders.
- Write data onto process tickets, finished product and enter data on computer system as needed. Maintain process logs.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Support the training of other associates.Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2-4 years previous manufacturing experience in an automated, statistically process controlled operation.
- Minimum of 6 months of previous industrial lift/reach truck experience preferred.
- Prior experience within flooring manufacturing facility and or direct laminating process would be a plus.
- Able to use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis of problem and evaluation of alternate solutions; use logic, mathematics, or other problem solving tools in data analysis or in generating solutions.
- Able to perform mathematical calculations, including conversion to metric systems
- Able to write clearly and effectively present ideas to document activities; to read and interpret written information.
- Able to start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and sense of urgency.
- Able to communicate with others in a helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- Able to work with people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled