Operator Specialist – Field Sales
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are seeking a dynamic Operator Specialist to be responsible for supporting the organization's sales efforts through performing sales calls, conducting product training and providing other sales support duties. Primary job function is to foster continuous development and growth of priority operator accounts. Ensure continuous client product knowledge and training.
Take this opportunity to join North America's leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Maintain and develop a portfolio of priority and assigned accounts through in-person field and sales calls with client and distributor, food shows product cuttings and operator presentations.
- Foster continuous development and growth of priority operator accounts through building relationships on behalf of Waypoint to increase sales and volume.
- Assist with vendor fairs, distributor sales meetings, food shows and industry trade events.
- Ensure continuous client product knowledge and training.
- Manage sales sample order process.
- Troubleshoot and respond to product complaints.
- Maintain competitive pricing and new or discontinued item information.
- Attend and provide support at manufacturer and distributor training events.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities as assigned.
- 5 years minimum restaurant operations, commercial or foodservice experience.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience.
- Strong client/customer relationship knowledge.
- Proficiency in company policies and procedures.
- Microsoft Office; working knowledge of SharePoint.
- Ability to effectively communicate over the phone and through email.
- Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to build effective working relationships.
- Creative problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical ability.
- Unquestionable work ethics, personal integrity and honesty.
- Ability to stand and travel by motor vehicle for extended periods of time.
Waypoint is the premier national sales and marketing agency for Foodservice and Non-Foods channels and beyond.
Succeeding in today's competitive marketplace begins with gaining the advantage, and at Waypoint we stay ahead of the curve. Our partners rely on our unparalleled strategic insights, channel-specific expertise and resources, and innovative culinary support to deliver that competitive advantage. But helping our partners gain the advantage is not enough for us – we make it our business to maximize it through our pioneering technology and big data mining capabilities. We help position our partners to consistently beat their competition and to grow their business.
The Operator Specialist is responsible for supporting the organization's sales efforts through performing sales calls, conducting product training
and providing other sales support duties.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and develop a portfolio of priority and assigned accounts through in-person field and sales calls• Foster continuous development and growth of priority operator accounts• Assist with vendor fairs, distributor sales meetings, food shows and industry trade events• Ensure continuous client product knowledge and training• Manage DSR• Manage sales sample order process
• Troubleshoot and respond to product complaints• Maintain competitive pricing and new/discontinued item information• Attend and provide support at manufacturer/distributor training events• Other duties, responsibilities and activities as assigned
Direct Reports- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
Indirect Reports- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong client/customer relationship knowledge• Knowledge of foodservice industry• Company policies and procedures• Proficiency in Microsoft Office; working knowledge of SharePoint
• Ability to effectively communicate over the phone and through email• Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills
• Ability to build effective working relationships• Creative problem solving and project management skills• Excellent critical thinking and analytical ability• Unquestionable work ethics, personal integrity and honesty• Travel as appropriate
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Non-Sedentary RequirementsIncumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%
• hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws including Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinances. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.