MICRO CENTER is the nation's leading computer and electronic device big box retailer! Our technology super store has an industry-leading 40,000+ selection of premier computer products and the most knowledgeable staff in the business. Micro Center has been ranked by one of the leading consumer advocacy magazines as a top walk-in store to purchase a PC based on merchandise selection, service and pricing. Work with us and help us on our mission to be the best computer and electronic device store in the world!
We are seeking self-motivated, friendly and knowledgeable Retail Customer Service Representatives (cashiers) to assist customers with merchandise purchases at the checkout area of our high-volume big box retail store. We are currently seeking part-time associates with night/weekend availability.
- Provide superior service when assisting customers at the point of sale/checkout area; build repeat business through customer satisfaction
- Process outgoing merchandise by completing credit and cash transactions
- Obtain accurate name, address and email capture of Micro Center customers
- Maintain the department by ensuring a clean work area, conducting cycle counts, stocking and replenishing product and participating in merchandising activities
- Participate in open and close procedures
- Support store operations by maintaining loss prevention awareness, assisting with store office activities and helping to prepare for physical inventory
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Sincere interest in helping customers and driving world-class customer experiences
- Ability to communicate professionally and handle multiple customers
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Physical requirements: lift up to 50 lbs., stand for prolonged periods of time
- Shifts include hours before and after the store is open to the public and may also include mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Previous cashiering or retail customer service experience strongly preferred
OUR GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES:
At Micro Center, we empower our employees to set their sights high and blaze their own trails. This is a place where your future success and growth are truly a result of your own efforts and achievements. Our teams are made up of motivated individuals who work hard to advance their careers. Join our team and see how hard work, loyalty, competitive spirit and unwavering commitment to the customer can take you and your career to new places.
BENEFITS & OTHER INFORMATION:
Micro Center offers a balance between personal and professional interests, competitive pay, an employee discount on merchandise, flexible retail schedules and tuition reimbursement. In addition, a high-quality, competitive cafeteria benefits program is available on the first of the month following 60 days of active service to all full-time associates who work at least 30 hours per week. Micro Center has many options available to support your professional, health and wellness goals!
Micro Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Non-smoking work environment. Pre-employment criminal background and substance abuse screening.