Traffic Coordinator - Part-Time
Office of University Communications and Marketing
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
The Traffic Coordinator is responsible for the daily trafficking and release of the office's digital Constant Contact communications. The Coordinator ensures these communications are produced according to their schedules and go through all quality control procedures before release. The Coordinator ensures they are reviewed by the appropriate intradepartmental and interdepartmental personnel. Other projects may include print collateral, publications, advertisements, web and other marketing materials as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Oversee the production and scheduling of a large volume of Constant Contact e-newsletters and emails.
- Format emails and e-newsletters in appropriate templates; add images and links; follow editorial and brand guidelines.
- Ensure these digital communications are circulating within the office on schedule and that all information about jobs is complete.
- Proactively communicate with clients including replying to calls and emails, meeting with clients, and communicating about deadlines, information, etc.
- Input client changes and coordinate client reviews until final approval.
- Work with team members to gather content, changes and internal approvals.
- Ensure testing steps are closely followed for accurate and timely release .
- Release emails and e-newsletters to appropriate mailing lists through Constant Contact platform.
- Assist with daily trafficking responsibilities including opening jobs, preparing materials for client review, and creating schedules.
- Contribute as c ore member of UCOMM's client services and production team and participating in weekly traffic/production meetings.
- Independently traffic other projects as needed (print collateral, publications, advertisements, homepage banners, etc).
- Update information about jobs in the work ticket system.
- Assist with work ticket system maintenance.
- Run reports through the work ticket system.
- General administrative responsibilities and job-related duties as assigned.
Physical requirements (If any):
- Superior organization skills.
- Ability to handle a high volume and stressful environment.
- Ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to review projects to ensure that client changes have been included accurately.
- Proficiency in Constant Contact, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Weekend and evening hours when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year related experience.