Requisition Number: FRONT01192
Long Island Plastic Surgical Group is seeking a Medical Receptionist/Patient Relations Representative for our Deep Blue Med Spa in Garden City.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professionalism, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and or willingness to learn practice management and word processing software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and NexTech.
- Working knowledge of medical billing protocol and medical terminology.
- Detailed orientated and ability to multi-task.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be knowledgeable and understand all DBMS treatments & procedures.
- Communicates with guests by demonstrating professionalism, friendliness, sophistication and confidence.
- Maintain a professional appearance and business attire.
- Perform Deep Blue Med Spa Open/ Close office duties.
- Answer telephone calls courteously and efficiently, make various types of appointments for all DBMS locations.
- Maintain knowledge regarding the payment process (creating bills, packages, gift cards, applying payments etc.).
- Adhere to Money Handling and Cash Protocols and Procedures.
- Properly utilize the AIQ to make incoming patients aware of all Aesthetic services offered by the Practice and Med Spa and ensure the patient interest translates to scheduled appointments in a timely manner.
- Constant monitoring of DBMS providers schedules.
- Further develop and maintain a full understanding off all LIPSG DBMS provider and physician preferences and procedures.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of medical insurance.
- Ensure “new patient” on-line registration including patient histories and demographics are done in a timely manner prior to scheduled appointments.
- Obtain insurance information on all reconstructive consults prior to their initial visit.
- Confirm patient appointments and advise if the new patient paperwork needs to be complete.
- Advise all aesthetic patients of the cancellation policy.
- Verification and updating of patient demographic information upon scheduling & confirming appointments.
- Register Brilliant Distinctions and Aspire patients, issue points, redeem coupons, enter bill for visit and process payments.
- Flawless execution of all marketing promotions.
- Accurate posting of payments and making any necessary adjustments or corrections.
- Ensure work station is maintained in a clean, neat, orderly & properly stocked at all times.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the waiting room.
- Must participate in all departmental meetings, Deep Blue Med Spa evening Events, scheduled training sessions and company events to support team building and success of DBMS.
- Adhere to all departmental processes and procedures.
- Selling and promoting all DBMS retail assortment.
- Maintain and further develop a full working knowledge of injectable products and current promotions.
- Maintain and replenish retail assortment and shelves when needed.
- Post and update patient relations representative staff on scheduling needs and trends pertaining to DBMS providers.
- Serve as a liaison between all departments within LIPSG.
- Conduct/assist in weekly DBMS inventory count and processing.
- Assist DBMS Director with any administrative duties he/she may need help with.
- Check in retail orders and report in NexTech.
- May be a NexTech Super User responsible for workflow analysis, configuration, and build/testing of NexTech.
- This position demonstrates superior telephone and Internet skills, proficient scheduling and exemplary customer service skills. Employee must present a professional decorum at all times.
- Adhere to all departmental processes and procedures including the ‘Check-In/Check-Out’ protocol.
- Run daily financial report for all aesthetic providers for review (Charges by Input Date) and run payment/refund/adjustment by input name to complete the Daily Deposit.
- Prepare office for the next day by printing super bills and creating new patient packets.
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 19 Days PTO to start, as well as 8 paid holidays
- 401k Match
- Annual bonuses based on performance evaluation
- Deep Blue Med Spa Employee Benefits Program (complimentary and discounted products and services)
- Educational Development/Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness programs (Employee Assistance Program, discounted gym memberships, discounted wireless phone services, etc.)
The Long Island Plastic Surgical Group (LIPSG) is the nation's largest private academic plastic surgery practice serving Long Island and the New York metro area. Established in 1948, LIPSG has treated over half a million patients and developed many of the region's specialty centers including microsurgery, burn surgery, wound care, facial reanimation, peripheral nerve reconstruction, and cleft care. LIPSG currently comprises 20 plastic surgeons.
In addition to offering a full spectrum of plastic surgery to our patients, we are also committed to supporting our community by meeting the need for reconstructive care. We host an annual Breast Cancer Summit to share patient resources with the community and provide an overview of the latest developments in breast cancer care and reconstruction. LIPSG doctors have provided life-altering surgeries including reattaching limbs, complex wound and burn management, and reconstructive cleft lip and palate surgeries, both in our local community and worldwide through their work with humanitarian aid organizations such as ReSurge International.
The surgeons at LIPSG also oversee Deep Blue Med Spa, which is a comprehensive medical spa focused on enhancing natural beauty and restoring a youthful look through skin rejuvenation and body treatments. From relaxing and results driven facials, to laser treatments and skin tightening, our highly skilled physician assistants and medical aestheticians offer services customized to individual needs. We also offer several medical grade skincare lines including our exclusive line, ProBLUEMD®, which enables our patients to take professional skincare home with them.