This position will assist in managing the retail store consistent with the short and long-term interests of the company, its employees, and the local community.
The Customer Service Leader provides leadership for the staff by maintaining the highest level of customer service and store standards. In this role, the Customer Service Leader takes an active role in training staff, engaging customers and offering benchmark customer care and delivering an unforgettable brand experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily:
- Perform and more importantly, model all Product Guide duties ‚Äì See Product Guide description for details.
- Provide accurate information and education to customers.
- Instill in team members the importance of customer service.
- Empower co-workers to use their best judgment in all customer service matters to quickly resolve and address any customer complaints.
- Promote and monitor quality service among co-workers through training and by acting as a positive role model.
Leadership and Development
- Maintain an open and positive relationship with store management team.
- Update Store Management team and staff on sales, KPI‚Äôs, targets, and status of goals on a regularly.
- Be a collaborative, dependable, and respectful role model; communicate positively regarding store management and company strategies.
- Ensure company/store policies and procedures are communicated in a timely manner and adhered to accordingly.
- Efficiently manage the sales floor when management team is absent.
- Maintain positive employee attitude and morale by recognizing strong performance and service.
- Assist with new hire training, product knowledge, and selling tools. Assist in ongoing staff development by following the monthly training calendar.
- Participate and encourage all staff to participate in store events.
- Delegate daily tasks appropriately and effectively.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store and securing all store assets.
- Maintain store security including building security and cash handling.
- Communicate with customers on warranties, damaged and defective goods in a timely and accurate manner.
- Protect company assets by following and loss prevention procedures and ensure that staff are trained appropriately.
Marketing/Events (Brand Stores Only)
- Work in conjunction with Community Marketing Leader to execute store events which support the company mission and increase community involvement.
- Encourage all staff to participate in planning and attending events both in the store and offsite.
- Ensure that the store is utilizing local social media in alignment with company expectations.
- Ensure that the store is in compliance with all State and Federal laws, including wage and hour, human rights and equal employment opportunities.
- Maintain safe working conditions for employees and customers. Resolve safety concerns quickly.
- Ensure store security from internal and external theft and know proper apprehension and prosecution procedures for your state and per the company guidelines.
Other Job Functions
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Assistant and Store Manager
Needed Skills (Language, IT, Technical , Functional, ETC.)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Benchmark customer service and brand skills.
- 2-5 years retail sales experience.
- Ability to give clear directions and set expectations for staff.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excel and Word proficient.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to train and delegate effectively.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to effectively work with and motivate the team.
- Cash handling experience.
- Amer Sports product use/knowledge.