MedVet is a fast-growing Emergency and Specialty provider with practices nationwide. We help our patients receive advanced medical treatments and innovations. Things like chemotherapy and radiation, cardiac ablations, treatments for glaucoma, physical rehabilitation, dermatology and so much more! We are looking for collaborative and driven people to join our clinical team.
We thrive on people living out our core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion to get their job done. Use your passion to drive the MedVet experience for our clients and patients, as well as your teammates.
We are looking for:
Anesthesia Veterinary Technician or Experienced Assistant
Do you enjoy collaborating with multiple teams and departments throughout the day? You will have the opportunity to continuously expand your knowledge and skillset in anesthesia procedures and treatments.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in patient procedures using knowledge of anesthesia and analgesia related protocols and procedures, including formulating anesthetic plans tailored to individual patient needs.
- Manage appointments, obtain histories, medical record keeping, invoicing, patient discharges, etc.,
- Intravenous catheter placement, endotracheal intubation and anesthetic equipment use and maintenance
- Thorough understanding of anesthetic considerations and how comorbidities affect case protocol and perioperative management
- Monitor anesthesia, trouble shoot anesthetic complications and make appropriate interventions
- Continuous expansion of knowledge and skillset; advanced anesthetic skills include arterial line placement, epidurals, difficult airway intubation, and critical case management.
- Lean on thorough understanding of physiology and pharmacology to facilitate delivery of appropriate anesthetic care for high risk patients or procedures.
- Drive the MedVet Experience and ensure our patients receive the highest quality care
- Inspire, teach, multitask and be a highly functional team member
- Ensure documentation is accurate and complete
Who you are:
- State Registered Veterinary Technician license preferred
- Prior veterinary experience required, previous anesthesia experience desired
- Proficient in calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.)
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Perks and Benefits include:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Vision and Dental
- HSA, FSA and Independent Care Spending
- 401k with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) beginning on your first day
- Shift Differentials and On-call Pay
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Pet Discounts and Pet Insurance
- Elective Short-Term Disability, Life and Accident Insurance and company paid Long Term Disability
- Continuing Education Opportunities and Assistance Program
Come as you are. MedVet is an equal opportunity employer. We are also a drug-free organization, therefore employment with MedVet is dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.
MedVet does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters.
Tags: RVT, Registered Veterinary Technician, Registered Vet Tech, Registered Vet Technician, Registered Veterinary Tech, CVT, Certified Veterinary Technician, Certified Vet Tech, LVT, Licensed Veterinary Technician, Licensed Vet Tech, Credentialed Veterinary Technician, Credentialed Vet Tech, Credentialed Veterinary Tech, Veterinary Technician, Veterinary Tech, Vet Tech, Vet Technician, Veterinary Assistant, Vet Assistant, Technician Assistant, Tech Assistant, Kennel Assistant, Kennel Technician, Kennel Tech, Animal Assistant, Veterinary Nurse, Vet Nurse