The Strategic Account Manager role within SmartBear is an integral part of our continued success. You will be a trusted advisor to our most prestigious clients, driving both their success and that of SmartBear. You will be responsible for finding both new opportunities and well as increasing retention with the range of SmartBear solutions already deployed. It truly is a unique role, dealing with a select number of global companies that will drive 80% of our revenue.
For this role, you need to be a relationship superhero. Someone who can engage with the largest companies on the planet, across many different levels to communicate the many benefits of our software portfolio and making it relevant to their needs.
Every SmartBear SAM creates and implements an account plan for each of their accounts, to include short-term objectives and long-term goals, which will naturally include a clearly defined path to reach these objectives and goals.
What we have found to be the most successful personalities and attributes, include: -
* A demonstrable track record in Strategic Sales to Global Companies
* Highly organised, results driven and extremely self-motivated
* Accountable, eye for detail, and interest in technology (test & automation would be great!)
* Extensive communication skills, you should be equally as comfortable speaking with a manual tester as you would with senior level executives by phone, email and in person
- Drive business line revenue with assigned territory and named Key Accounts. Discover, prospect and qualify new opportunities as well as up-sell opportunities within existing customer base
- Work closely with Customer Success team to ensure successful roll-out, adoption and on-going use of the product
- Represent SmartBear to the customer in all sales-related matters and understand the customer’s business, product requirements, and industry challenges
- Direct complex sales cycles-including account mapping, development of high-level relationships, account strategies, and business cases
- Effectively maintain sales pipeline data and activity reports, providing management with accurate sales forecasts
- Collaborate with marketing, sales teams and product owner to share account knowledge and execute on sales strategies
- Availability to travel as needed
Experience & Competencies
- Proven track record with 3+ years of software sales experience acquiring and cultivating major accounts
- Proven ability to effectively demonstrate complex technology and communicate the value proposition of technical solutions to prospects and customers
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle and the challenges that software engineers, managers and executives face
- Genuine interest in the software development industry, with the initiative to tackle and understand the newest trends and technologies
- Self-motivation, time management and personal accountability; overall hunter mentality with entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong analytical and presentation skills using common sales and business tools
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
Are you a SmartBear?
Headquartered in Boston, SmartBear is growing and evolving into a top employer! SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development”. Our leaders are looking for culture add employees who want to grow with SmartBear and create dynamic careers.
• We are a technology industry leader. SmartBear named a leader in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Software Test Automation.
• We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice. We care about our employees and provide extensive professional guidance through mentoring, coaching and training to help them establish and grow their careers.
• We offer excellent employee benefits including competitive industry salaries, health insurance, dental insurance, Bike-to-Work Scheme and an attractive Pension Scheme.
• We are located in state-of-the-art offices in Mayoralty House in the heart of Galway City. Mayoralty House is a building steeped in history dating back to 1793. We have an open transparent layout with open areas for impromtu meetings, a large generous kitchen area, the Games Room with table tennis, putting green and games console. We have an inclusive, creative, passionate and fun environment.