As a Supplier Quality Engineer you will be part of a fast moving team of engineering professionals who solve supply chain problems for customized parts. In this role your primary responsibilities will be:
70% of the time you will be doing Engineering Case Management
- Problem solve and follow-up on troubled orders to improve supplier relationships and quality.
- Apply engineering knowledge on manufacturing design and production to ensure jobs are delivered on time.
- Understand supplier capabilities and execute supplier oversight activities, which may include phone assessments, surveys, quality reviews, and supplier corrective actions.
- Assess the impact of manufactured part rejections; communicate with suppliers and customers to work through problems and resolve cases.
- Provide excellent customer service by keeping customers updated on resolution of troubled orders.
20% of the time you will be doing Process and Quality Improvement
- Document all case activity in central database.
- Monitor the integrity of supplier quality metrics.
10 % of the time you will be participating in team work and collaboration
- Interface with Design Engineering, Customer Care, Quality, Sales, and Shipping teams to ensure manufacturing processes are capable of customer on-time delivery and satisfaction.
- Effectively communicate with all key stakeholders, to include suppliers, customers, and leadership.
- Participate and provide input on initiatives to simplify and automate complex processes.
- Perform all work in compliance with Xometry's quality and safety systems, policies and procedures.
Who are you looking for?
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a Technical related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience, preferably in manufacturing or operations
- Working knowledge of and/or education, skills, and experience associated with manufacturing processes, engineering drawings requirements mechanical and electrical inspection methods.
- Capable of performing root cause analysis and identifying solutions to complex problems.
- A self-starter, who work independently, and can drive actions to completion.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Able to multitask, meet deadlines and support all supplier quality field activities.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) + ability to manage up and to the side.
Xometry is the largest marketplace for custom manufacturing, connecting customers with optimal manufacturing solutions through proprietary AI algorithms. Xometry provides on-demand manufacturing services and industrial supply materials to a diverse customer base, ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Our nationwide network of over 3,000 partner manufacturing facilities enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times while offering a broad array of capabilities, including CNC machining, 3D printing, sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, and urethane casting. Xometry's customers include BMW, Dell Technologies, General Electric, and NASA.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.