Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a late-stage biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally through the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Novavax recently initiated development of NVX-CoV2373, its vaccine candidate against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and achieved positive Phase 1 clinical trial results. NanoFlu, its quadrivalent influenza nanoparticle vaccine, met all primary objectives in its pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial in older adults. Both vaccine candidates incorporate Novavax' proprietary saponin-based Matrix-M adjuvant in order to enhance the immune response and stimulate high levels of neutralizing antibodies. Novavax is a leading innovator of recombinant vaccines; its proprietary recombinant technology platform combines the power and speed of genetic engineering to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles in order to address urgent global health needs.
We are seeking a Manager of Corporate Communications to play a pivotal role in supporting the Investor Relations and Corporate Affairs department across various key functions within the department, with a focus on managing and executing special, key projects as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in executing compelling communications and, if needed, IR strategies in support of efforts to enhance visibility of Novavax, promote and protect company reputation and favorably position our products.
- Manage key projects across department, with a focus on supporting video projects, documentaries, executive/spokesperson speaking engagements and presentations, and other special projects as needed.
- Excellent writer and communicator who can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Bring to the table an understanding of today's communications environment (amongst earned, owned, social and paid media, and financial community/analyst coverage) and how to align and maximize opportunities provided by these channels.
- Support planning and execution for corporate newsroom on novavax.com, including assisting with development of compelling content that delivers on the company strategic objectives and posting of key content (such as presentations, publications, etc.).
- Work in close collaboration with social media, corporate communications, IR, contractor and agency team colleagues to ensure messaging and content is being maximized and leveraged as widely as possible across all channels.
- Interface with external partners and various corporate internal stakeholders to achieve corporate goals, including the following key functions: external and internal communications teams, digital/social team, legal, finance, government affairs and policy, commercial, regulatory, medical, clinical development/, global project management, operations, manufacturing, and any other key functions as needed.
- Able to achieve results while dealing with ambiguity and a rapid pace of change.
- Finance/Administrative: ensure proper adherence to all financial and administrative policies by working closely with finance and procurement teams as representative from IR and Corporate Affairs department. Help to ensure programs across IR and Corporate Affairs department budget falls within budget parameters and all paperwork (invoices, purchase orders, statements of work, etc.) is completed in appropriate manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, with strong focus on assisting across IR and Corporate Affairs when/as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in business, international relations/government, journalism, English, communications, marketing or other related discipline required with at least 3 years of relevant professional experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and/or life sciences industry.
- Experience in healthcare or scientific communications preferred.
- Possess outstanding communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent judgment and ability to maintain a high standard of confidentiality.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Ability to successfully manage projects and timelines, with ability to quickly adjust to shifting priorities and demanding timelines when necessary.
- Acts with a sense of urgency, aligning with our cultural values including, patients-first.
- Experience working with stakeholders/partners at all levels, globally, across the organization.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax, Inc. offers a base salary, annual bonus, stock options, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Novavax, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.