Requisition Number: DIREC03566
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's financial function and performance.
- Establish and maintain relationship with outside professionals including lenders, accountants, and other consultants.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact on long range planning of the introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization.
- Primary finance partner between ICON GPHS and ICON’s Financial Business Partnering leadership, which includes financial close, forecasting, budgeting, revenue recognition, business analysis, project-related analysis and other ad-hoc requests.
- Experience in the utilization of multiple rates for US Government Contracting, US Government accounting practices and principles, and the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) preferred.
- Develop and execute a strategic vision for ICON GPHS’s global finance and accounting function aimed at facilitating management efforts to ensure vitality and growth.
- Continuously evaluate ICON GPHS’s financial condition and make recommendations to overcome business challenges and optimize opportunities.
- Responsible for the preparation of required financial reports for the Board of Directors and for ICON, plc for commercial reporting and planning.
- Provide short and long-term financial modeling for budgeting and forecasting purposes.
- Responsible for oversight and performance of the Accounting/Finance Department.
- Assess and manage enterprise risks, specifically those areas pose risks to the overall financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate financial records are maintained and that financial statements, financial reports and financial analysis are performed on a timely basis.
- Analyze key financial metrics to identify key trends in the business, including opportunities to improve the financial results and operational efficiencies.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the Accounting and Finance Departments.
- Ongoing evaluation of the Accounting and Finance Department structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- Assure that the organization is compliant with regulatory, tax and accounting requirements.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Assist the President as needed on projects.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the organization’s assets are protected.
- Overall responsibility for work relating to both internal and external audits of the organization’s financial records.
- Proactively communicate meaningful financial information to management to enable them to make prudent decisions.
- Provide technical assistance to the Proposal department as needed and participate on proposal costing projects when requested.
- Provide all job-related progress reports/technical reports as requested.
- Maintains a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer
- Performs light duties and other related duties as required and assigned