Mechanic Heavy Truck/Equipment Gainesville, TX 1715
Basic Energy Services delivers dependable high-quality services that address a complete range of operational needs. Our geographic reach and service capacity mean customers benefit from the best servicing solutions regardless of the challenge, complexity or phase in the well lifecycle. From our headquarters in Fort Worth, we support six geomarkets conducting operations in the Texas Gulf Coast region, the Central region, the Permian Basin of West Texas, California, the Appalachian region and the Rocky Mountains. Our company motto is “Our life’s work is the life of the well”.
Position Overview: Maintain safe, reliable and efficient fleet of various makes and models of semis and trailers and equipment for use in the field
Reports to: Shop Foreman
- Diagnose various electrical issues on many makes and models of semis and trailers and light/ heavy equipment
- Repair and replace tires, hubs, bearings, maintenence, cutting edges, etc,
- Adjust and replace brakes, hyd/air lines and hoses
Qualifications and Skills:
- Working knowledge of diesel motors in various models of semis/equipment
- Knowledge of electrical and wiring
- Ability to diagnose and trouble shoot various issues
- Knowledge of semi brake systems
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Occasional lifting and carrying of 10-100 lbs may be necessary when performing repairs to equipment both in the yard and in the field
- May be required to enter tight spaces or other areas by the use of ladders or other access devices
- Physical activity including long periods of standing, squatting, kneeling, reaching or similar activities may be necessary
- Travel may be required to the field to conduct repair work.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in a shop environment; however a portion is performed in all weather conditions outside in the field in all temperatures.
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools, moving machinery, chemical substances and loud noises
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment