Maintenance Generalist I
The Whitney Laboratory for Marine Bioscience in St. Augustine, Florida, is accepting applications for a Maintenance Generalist I.
Specific duties include:
- Install, maintain, and repair all irrigation and sprinkler systems.
- Maintain all of the garden beds throughout Whitney's campus through refuge pickup, weeding, edging and other means.
- Maintain roads, grounds, supplies, and moves equipment.
- Trim palm trees and other arborist duties.
- Replace of fluorescent bulbs and fixtures, install repair valves, sinks, wash bowls, sewers, and perform a variety of necessary plumbing work.
- Paint various areas on Whitney campus as directed.
- Maintain and repair heating, air conditioning, and water conditioning (reverse osmosis; deionizing) equipment.
- Monitor seawater tanks and collects marine animal specimens.
- Perform custodial duties as needed and determine by Whitney needs; including the cleaning of Whitney cottages, dorms and apartments as instructed.
- Assist the Events department with room arrangement that includes tables, chairs, and placement of other furniture based upon the direction of the Events coordinator.
- Maintain assigned mechanical and facilities' spaces clean, organized, free of excessive or inappropriate storage, leaks, and other deficiencies.
- Serve as essential personnel during emergencies.
- Expected to be available to prepare for a storm, provide facility protection during the storm, and take the first steps towards restoring normal operations.
A high school diploma or equivalent
Two years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: Yes