STU AST - NON-CLERICAL & ADMIN
FEDERAL WORK STUDY POSITION ONLY.
The Harn Museum of Art is recruiting a Federal Work Study student to provide museum security as well as to assist with event setup and security staff at special events.
The Event Production and Security Guard, who will be supervised by the Harn Museum of Art Security Supervisor, will have the following responsibilities:
- Participates in the daily operation of physical security controls.
- Investigates incidents resulting in injury to visitors and employees, completing and submitting all necessary reports to management.
- Investigates incidents resulting in loss or damage to objects of art or museum facilities, completing and submitting all necessary reports to management.
- Patrol designated areas to check for vandalism, mechanical failure, fire and theft.
- Provide assistance to museum patrons by answering questions and giving directions.
- Monitor electronic security systems.
- Assist with maintaining records, including but not limited to the staff/visitor log, property passes and security log.
- Assist with the development and implementation of an effective control system, inspecting packages and monitoring building access to insure that access is granted to only those so authorized.
- Provide front desk coverage, on an as-needed basis, providing customer service to staff and visitors.
- Assist with the setup and breakdown of equipment, chairs, and tables for Harn activities.
- Provide security escorts, as assigned, for maintenance or other activities throughout the museum.
$8.46/hour; Part-time position with variable hours including weekdays, weekends, and evenings based on scheduled events at the museum, potentially up to 20 hours per week.
Must have Federal Work Study award through Spring 2020.
Must be able to work weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to deal effectively with individuals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to answer questions and deal with awkward and stressful situations.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Resume, copy of school schedule, and proof of Federal Work Study award must be attached for application to be considered. Students seeking FWS jobs should print/screenshot a copy of their Financial Aid Award Page, which contains the Federal Work Study award as proof of FWS eligibility.
Health Assessment Required: No