- Sign-On BONUS
THE PLAZA HEALTH AND REHAB
$14.00 - $16.00 per hour to start
$1.00 per hour attendance bonus
- $8 per hour Shift Differential - UP TO $25 AN HOUR
Job Title: Certified Nursing Assistant
Provides direct care to residents following an individual service plan, treats each resident with respect and dignity, recognizes individual needs, and encourages independence. Fosters a homelike atmosphere throughout the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring and getting to and from activities and meals according to the individual service plan. Allows and encourages residents to do as much of their own care as possible.
- Serves meals to residents in the dining room or apartments. Encourages residents to eat a proper diet and take adequate fluids while respecting the residents right to free choice. Records and reports changes in residents eating habits to the supervisor.
- Initiates and participates in leisure activities provided for residents as described in the activity calendar. Encourages residents to socialize and participate in planned activities or programs and to develop friendships with other residents.
- Maintains residents records daily in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy and procedures. This includes documentation related to: ADLs; leisure activities; incidents and observations-charting any changes in residents physical condition and/or behavior; visitors; etc. Observes and documents the health and emotional condition of each resident and promptly reports all changes to the supervisor.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the residents.
- Follows proper procedures in emergency situations and responds promptly and positively to resident request for assistance including emergency pull cords, telephone calls, and request from family and friends.
- Knows location of each resident, reminds them to sign out when they leave the building, and notifies the supervisor immediately if unable to locate a resident.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents families, visitors and staff.
- Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the resident, employee, residents, company information and records. Maintains safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits. Complies with the attendance policy. Maintains neat appearance, good hygiene and appropriate attire. Participates in training, in services, and attends meetings as required.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to six months related experience preferred and/or training in direct service with older adults, or equivalent combination of education and experience. In accordance with state law, must have a current Florida CNA certification and follow regulations to maintain license currency.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small groups situations to residents, residents families, and other employees of the company. Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Uses good judgment in emergency situations, and gets help when needed.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current Florida CNA certificate
- American Heart Association CPR
- Participate in in-service sessions
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to blood borne pathogens. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and toxic caustic chemicals. The environment is characteristic of a facility in which healthcare is provided to the frail elderly. The noise level is usually moderate.
Condition of Employment and/or Continued Employment
It is the policy of the Company to maintain a drug-free workplace as a condition of employment and/or continued employment. All employees and job applicants must abide by the terms of this policy.