Sr. Information Systems Analyst- Atlanta, GA
Req Number: 770
Sr. Information Systems Analyst- Atlanta, GA
Plan, design, develop and launch efficient business, financial and operations systems in support of core organization functions and business processes. Gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects and systems requirements. Support business activities by ensuring proper functioning of assigned systems and providing extracted system information relevant to meet business needs. Formulate and define system scope and objectives, prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Define business, financial and operations requirements and system goals by engaging decision makers, system owners and end users in the process.
- Responsible for the reliable and functional day-to-day performance of assigned business systems. Serve as the primary contact for assigned systems.
- Oversee the administration of application servers, database servers and terminal servers related to assigned business systems.
- Manage database administration tasks for SQLServer databases (current and previous versions).
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlock issues, connectivity issues, and security issues.
- Identify and resolve system and process problems and identify processes that can improve or further leverage these systems.
- Coordinate and direct internal and external resources as needed.
- Manage vendor delivery of contracted work.
- Assist in new system evaluations.
- Provide guidance and instruction to junior staff members.
Application User Support:
- Coordinate user training of assigned business systems.
- Develop understanding of business processes being supported.
- Direct the design, development and maintenance of reports, interfaces, import and export processes for web and client/server applications.
- Provide detailed analysis of assigned business systems data as needed.
- Assist users and data owners in resolving issues.
- Identify tasks that can be automated when possible and appropriate.
- Advise users and data owners on technical issues and company policies as they relate to assigned business systems.
- Manage users' expectations of assigned business systems.
Business Systems Maintenance:
- Review all enhancement and change requests that relate to assigned systems.
- Coordinate all vendor or internal resources making changes to assigned systems.
- Report schedules, milestones and progress of changes.
- Direct the development, testing and implementation of process improvements.
- Analyze and optimize database access, storage and usage.
- Design, write and troubleshoot SQL code (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, and constraints).
- Gather, develop and maintain documentation on assigned systems and interfaces.
- Maintain a development environment for assigned business systems.
Compliance and Documentation:
- Ensure compliance with departmental, corporate and governmental policies and procedures.
- Perform regular audits of key SOX controls.
- Coordinate with data owners and auditors to ensure policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Gather and maintain documentation that has been identified as critical to maintaining SOX compliance.
- Revise policies as determined by internal or external auditors.
- Provide data or documentation to internal or external auditors as requested.
New System Evaluation:
- Gather requirements of replacement systems.
- Investigate replacement systems or same system upgrades as they become available.
- Coordinate personnel and resources required to effectively test systems.
- Analyze the abilities of new systems.
- Evaluate requirements' compliance.
- Assist in system scoping and feasibility studies.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science or related field (desired)
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in systems analysis, requirements definition, system design and system implementation, as well as system programming, development, and/or management.
- Advanced skills using database query and management tools (Query analyzer, etc.) and Structured Query Language (SQL) (MS SQL Server preferred)
- Minimum of five (5) years of SQL development skills including stored procedures, functions, tables, indexes, triggers, views, etc.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, etc.
- Ability to interact with a diverse user base in a competent and professional manner
- Ability to coordinate and manage system upgrades across a broad geographical base
- Experience with system quality assurance (QA) and testing methodologies
- Vendor management experience
- Problem resolution skills
- Project and time management skills
- Presentation and training skills
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Primarily office environment; personal protective equipment required in mill areas.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret written documentation.
- Some mental/visual/physical fatigue from computer terminal use.
PotlatchDeltic is an EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Employer