At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
As a Technical Practice Manager, you will be leading members of the Veeva Systems Technical Services group working on building strong teams from the ground up. This team tackles only the most complex problems working to simplify them and ensure the customer’s speed and success.
The ideal candidate will contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to cultivate an amazing and innovative Veeva culture. You will facilitate our Technical Services team in defining and following best practices, recruiting new team members and helping current team members to advance in their position. You will demonstrate your ability to work in a global and cross-functional team environment.
What You'll Do
- Build and lead an amazing team of Technical Architects focused on long-term customer success
- Provide subject matter expertise on Vault Platform, technical design, and Software as a Service (SaaS) implementation best practices
- Take complex concepts and articulate them to audiences of varying perception levels
- Design, implement, and provide subject matter expertise for the development of custom applications
- Manage integration, development projects, and resources
- Contribute to our professional services knowledge base
- Evangelize the value of Veeva’s Technical Services
- Support the sales team and solution consultants in winning new business
- Work closely with customers to understand their pain points and recommend efficient solutions
- Accountable for customer success from beginning to end of the project life cycle
- 5+ years leading, hiring, and growing technical teams
- 5+ years working in a SaaS developer capacity preferably Java-based
- Experience in translating business requirements into software specifications including writing and reviewing technical documentation
- Experience in a customer-facing role, preferably with a software professional services organization or consulting background
- Ability to articulate and implement integration architecture
- Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, but also as part of a remote team
- Ability to travel 25-30% (may include international)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
Nice to Have
- Experience with document management platforms
- Experience with source code control systems
- Experience working in a validated environment
- Single Sign On experience
- Computer science or related degree
- Consulting experience
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.