The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 15-20+ years experience in bridge design and management
- Design experience in railroad bridges, complex/high level vehicular bridge structures is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a management position, supervisor and/or directing the work of junior engineers, drafters, etc..
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, business development and successful track history of winning work - preferred
- Education: BS or MS in engineering with a structural emphasis, with MS preferred.
- Current NC P.E. License preferred or ability to obtain within a reasonable amount of time.
- NCDOT experience required
- Bridge inspection experience preferred.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills.
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required for this position.
Our Fuquay-Varina or Raleigh office is seeking a Senior Structural Bridge Engineer to join our transportation group.
- Takes a leadership role in the structural design group composed of engineers, CAD designers or technicians, and inspectors for projects within the Southeast.
- Assists in the preparation of the marketing plan, contacts prospective clients, determines their needs, supervises process of putting together a proposal and orchestrates the presentation and selects the internal group which will make the presentation.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for new projects, weighing alternatives and selecting the most cost effective solution. Analyzes technical problems, assessing the feasibility of proposed techniques and procedures, and devising new approaches and alternative solutions.
- Designs and develops plans and drawings, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings.
- Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and regulatory agency specifications.
- Supervises and/or participates in quality control checks, maintaining quality standards in all work produced, checking computations, and/or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
- Plans and reviews the production of engineering drawings and specifications
- Coordinates work with project manager, and guides junior professionals and technical personnel on the design and drafting of preliminary and final plans. Provide coordination of project execution and control to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through final design on Bridge projects.
- Analyzes project dimension and scope, and prepares or oversees the preparation of cost and manpower estimates, schedules and job budgets.
- Cost control on projects and quality control within discipline.
- Performs field observations of construction, as appropriate.
- Performs bridge inspection, as appropriate.
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We're one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.