Account Executive - Fullerton, CA
Account Executive - Fullerton, CA
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas'® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann's® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Under general direction, the Account Executive is responsible for developing strong business relationships with the accounts. The purpose of this position is to maximize profitability, sales potential and sales support within the account geography. Principal accountabilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide action-oriented market intelligence to accounts and BBU personnel.
- Represent the company in trade and community relations.
- Develop BBU's business through key contacts including store and regional management.
- Sales planning using tools provided for volume projections and budget forecasts.
- Promotional planning to maximize profitability and post promotion analysis.
- Prepare and implement business development plans to maximize space, position, distribution and promotion of BBU products.
- Conduct business reviews on a Quarterly basis with key decision makers.
- Develop schedule with Territory Sales Managers for account to sell business building programs as well as local wiring.
- Act as a liaison between market area sales management and account management in communicating new programs, accounting and practicing issues, developing and implementing product schematics.
- Conduct store retail price surveys, customer satisfaction surveys and collect competitive trade information.
- Develop and distribute a comprehensive set of reports for the benefit of the sales team.
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
Improve Market share in Key Segments identified in annual Business Unit priorities
Branded sales increase in specific brands as communicated in annual Business Unit priorities
VCM Improvement through specific Sales strategies, promotions, pricing in your account
Return improvement in partnership with TSM's, Regional's and Director of Sales
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing or related field desired plus 3+ years of related CPG sales/analytical responsibility, brand management and/or comparable experience or related experience within BBU or the baking industry.
- Requires excellent analytical, organizational, communication, planning, negotiating and people skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Understanding and experience in use of IRI, Household Panel, and Spectra.
- P&L, business analysis & merchandising experience required.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.